SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
liweih21
liweih21 is on a distinguished road

Default passenger side nozzle not working, driver side weak

passenger side nozzle not working, driver side weak, how to fix?
open hood see the black panel covering the back of the hood have to remove this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to liweih21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help liweih21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
liweih21 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
explorerbigjon
explorerbigjon will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: passenger side nozzle not working, driver side weak

It's going to be a cut hose or a hose and fitting are not attached.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to explorerbigjon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help explorerbigjon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
explorerbigjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
smprfdls
smprfdls is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I've had issues lately with mine, but I think its temperature related. I'm in Michigan and over the past few weeks when it's really cold (less than 20 F) nothing comes out. Once it warms up, it works fine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to smprfdls's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help smprfdls reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
smprfdls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Matt V
Matt V is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

The passenger side nozzle never works on Mine when driving for an extended period of time with temperatures below approx. 5 degrees F.

2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo X HEMI
2008 Aura XR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Matt V's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Matt V reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Matt V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Spacepope
Spacepope is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2003 ION-2 Sedan

check to see if there is fluid spraying under the hood. Had that happen to us, the plastic nozzles that come up through the hood both disintegrated. They jus crumbled where they stub into the rubber hoses. Easy fix, cheap to replace though. Getting the black cover off is the worst.

2008 Acura MDX 109k
2007 Aura XE 80k "Betty"
2003 Silver Blue ION 2, 46k Traded "Manni"
1998 SL 63K RIP "Bewm"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spacepope's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spacepope reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spacepope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
liweih21

I need to know how to remove the black cover on top of the buttom of hood first. How to do that w/o damage the pins?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help liweih21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by liweih21 View Post
I need to know how to remove the black cover on top of the buttom of hood first. How to do that w/o damage the pins?
A pin puller tool makes it easy & you'll wonder how you lived without it. Any auto parts supplier.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
liweih21

I have a small puller I'll try that it was for my honda's bumper plastic pins

I found that washer nozzle, indeed, was broken at the end

first thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
Seasoned
Seasoned is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Hi Guys,

Happened to my 07 Aura XR recently.

The cause of lost fluid is the back of the jets (under the hood insulator).
These are right angled (presumably to save space) and crack with the weather variations over time (They are plastic after all). The symptom is loss of fluid to the nozzle.

Totally a guess, but I would think this is a cold weather issue that we up in the North suffer more that those in the south.

I have had both of mine go in the last two winters. Fix is easy:

Remove under hood insulator. You can use almost any flat shaped tool to get under the (4 - 5?) pins and pry loose (I used a 3" wide pry bar), be careful though, they too are plastic and can be broken. Replacements are availabe at your dealership or auto store.
Gently remove hood insulator. This is made of fibreglass material covered with a nylon based cloth and can be brittle, so again be careful. Best way is to bend from the middle and ease slots from metal retainers.

Once hood insulator is off you just pull off hoses (push fit) from nozzles (Chances are they will break up in your hand) and disconnect old nozzles from hood. Two little pinch pins on either side of the nozzle (under hood side) can be compressed with a set of channel locks (Regular pliers may work). They will then spring out from the top of the hood.

Once removed, replace with dealer or aftermarket nozzles (available from your dealer or auto store (Mine were $8 for nozzles, connection hoses (not needed) and adjuster for jet), reconnect hoses (push fit) and reattach underhood insulator.

The one other issue I had was when no water was getting to nozzles at all, the symptom is water on the floor. The hose connection to the hood nozzles are located alongside the top of the drivers side of the engine compartment. There is a push fit connection that, after coming loose, would not hold when I pressed it back on. I obtained some small diameter compression clamps from the auto store to hold it in place, no problems since.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Seasoned's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Seasoned reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Seasoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasoned View Post

Totally a guess, but I would think this is a cold weather issue that we up in the North suffer more that those in the south.
Seems like there was even a bulletin about this very subject. You're absolutely right. The plastic used in the oem nozzles gets brittle & cracks in the cold climes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
LelandC
LelandC is on a distinguished road

So is it okay to use non oem replacement nozzles? From looking at various websites (autozone, etc) it looks like the generic replacement ones are more straight and don't have an elbow type design like the ones on the aura. Just wondering if these generic one's will work?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LelandC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LelandC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LelandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
Seasoned
Seasoned is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

My replacement nozzles were straight and I wondered if there would be a clearance issue but they have been fine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Seasoned's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Seasoned reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Seasoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #13
Aura3.5XE
Aura3.5XE is on a distinguished road

That is how my 2007 Aura was, only one side would shoot water and the other was weak. Both nozzles were cracked and broken. I just got a set of the ones with the led lights and they fit perfectly, just left the leds unwired.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aura3.5XE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aura3.5XE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Aura3.5XE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #14
Aura3.5XE
Aura3.5XE is on a distinguished road

And the underhood panel does have to come off to access the nozzles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aura3.5XE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aura3.5XE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Aura3.5XE is offline   Reply With Quote