SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
jdrphs
jdrphs is on a distinguished road

Default Firestone Tire Q's

Anyone running the Firestone FR710 235/60/17 on their Vue. I was going to get the Duellers off before winter. My first choice was going to be the Destination LE, but they cannot seem to get them in stock. The FR710 is a bit cheaper, but not quite as aggresive. I'm in MI, so decent snow traction is important. Any other recommends would be welcome. Thanks all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jdrphs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jdrphs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jdrphs is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
BoiseRob
BoiseRob is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Firestone Tire Q's

After countless hours of research, I ended up purchasing four Hankook Ventus AS RH07 tires for the wife's 2008 XR. I would look into them before you make your final decision. FWIW, the 235/60R17 tire sidewalls are imprinted with "Made in South Korea"...

Rob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BoiseRob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BoiseRob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BoiseRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
neilpilot
neilpilot is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrphs View Post
My first choice was going to be the Destination LE, but they cannot seem to get them in stock.
In stock at Tire Rack

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to neilpilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help neilpilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
neilpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

I'd spend the extra money and get a better tire.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Midnight13
Midnight13 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L

In MI i would just go out and get a set of winter rims and tires.Maybe check a local yard. I found a steal on Craigslist for a set of winter tires almost new for $125set ,I got three extra rims from a friend that works at a Saturn dealer(well,just changed the name) for free,and 75 on ebay for one.But that was for the 17 in aluminum.Try Ebay and Amazon for steel rims too..i'm sure you can get them fairly cheap. If switching tires back and forth would be cheaper than the extra set,that may be the way to go..i would just hate to hear in a few months that this vehicle was totaled in a winter related accident..youtube has alot of snow tire videos explaining the benefits of winter tires.

"Not for human consumption!" - Peas in the Pod

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Peas-in-a-Pod/160649663950771

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Midnight13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Midnight13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Midnight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
jdrphs
jdrphs is on a distinguished road

Update. I decided to go with the Firestone Fr 710. I must say, I am very impressed with this tire so far. Snow handling as well as dry and wet are great. Ride is great and very quiet. We have about 1500 miles on them, and very pleased. Now lets see if they last.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jdrphs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jdrphs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jdrphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
neilpilot
neilpilot is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

When I replaced my OEM Firestone LEs, I almost went with the FR710. However, when I looked into the reviews in more detail I found that while drivers gave them good ratings when new, their performance was reported to degrade significantly after 25-50% treadwear. Since I had no real issues with the LEs, I replaced them with the same. Note that I'm in Memphis, so snow is only a momentary concern.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to neilpilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help neilpilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
neilpilot is offline   Reply With Quote