SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
vue04
vue04 is on a distinguished road

Default Honda V-6 Can be Pricy on Wallet

In a good way. I got a speeding ticket in Los Angeles today going 82 on a 65 mph highway. Cost will likely be $266 not including traffic school. Plus I have to drive super careful for the next 18 months so avoid ticket on record.

The engine and transmission is so smooth at 82, you don't even know you're going that fast especially if keeping up with traffic at 6:10 am in the morning.

I guess I'll have to chalked it to an entertainment expense. Drive carefully out there, the government is broke and looking harder for forced contributions!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vue04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vue04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vue04 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Honda V-6 Can be Pricy on Wallet

no kidding they are out in force in minnesota. even have built new freeways and put very low limits to make there job easier and m,ore profitable

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

I love the power of my Vue but cruise control is keeping me on the straight and narrow. Its too damn easy to speed in that thing!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Cruise Control is my best friend. Less than 2 weeks after we got our 07, I got stopped at 83 in a 70. Just glad he didn't grab me a few minutes before ... was following a coworker to Nashville and I discovered the 07's don't have the 100 mph limiter...

Judge was nice, dismissed with court costs (About $150), and it's not on my record at all. My only speeding ticket so far, knock on polymer! Nick's been stopped a few times but never gotten a ticket, I've been stopped several times in my SL2 with no ticket (yes, the 'get out of jail free card,' even though it's not an actual card, does work. Except with TN highway patrol). I try to rely on my cruise control as much as I can, but sometimes I forget. Especially when I'm sleepy or there's a sudden speed limit change that I miss the sign for.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #5
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2
Checkered Flag Re: Honda V-6 Can be Pricy on Wallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vue04 View Post
In a good way. I got a speeding ticket in Los Angeles today going 82 on a 65 mph highway. Cost will likely be $266 not including traffic school. Plus I have to drive super careful for the next 18 months so avoid ticket on record.

The engine and transmission is so smooth at 82, you don't even know you're going that fast especially if keeping up with traffic at 6:10 am in the morning.

I guess I'll have to chalked it to an entertainment expense. Drive carefully out there, the government is broke and looking harder for forced contributions!
I feel your pain. One night on my way home from a friend's apartment in Dallas, I'm cruising along, wide open highway, next thing I know, PARTY LIGHTS WOOHOO!.. oh, wait, that's not a rave behind me... crap... 84 in a 60... WITH PAPER PLATES! I think it was the 3rd week I had the car. She's smooth all the way up to that blasted 99.9999.... MPH governor.

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:08 AM   #6
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Honda V-6 Can be Pricey on Wallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazie View Post
Cruise Control is my best friend. Less than 2 weeks after we got our 07, I got stopped at 83 in a 70. Just glad he didn't grab me a few minutes before ... was following a coworker to Nashville and I discovered the 07's don't have the 100 mph limiter...
It's scary how fast the VUE Red Line accelerates from 70 to well over 100mph. It shows no signs of running out of steam.

I heard you'll never get a ticket in a polymer Red Line because the polymer used incorporates stealth technology...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #7
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
I feel your pain. One night on my way home from a friend's apartment in Dallas, I'm cruising along, wide open highway, next thing I know, PARTY LIGHTS WOOHOO!.. oh, wait, that's not a rave behind me... crap... 84 in a 60... WITH PAPER PLATES! I think it was the 3rd week I had the car. She's smooth all the way up to that blasted 99.9999.... MPH governor.
Yep, same with me on the plates. On the ticket it under tag number it said "drive out." Amazingly I'd already gotten my new insurance cards with it on there, but it was a matter of days before.

04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Honda V-6 Can be Pricey on Wallet

I've been luck with both of my Vues. I've looked down at the speedometer as saw how fast I was going and wondered how it got there. On a recent trip to Flagstaff I saw 95 at 1500 rpms going down hill in my 08 Vue XR and was still being passed. One of them was a DPS (AZ state police) in one of their pursuit vehicles passed me like I was standing still. He was on his way to a multiple car crash further down the road.

Most of the time cruise control is not an option. I drive I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix a lot and have never been able to keep a steady pace. Besides easily getting into the big ticket numbers, I have found none of my Vues like to slow down either when you take your foot off the gas. Hitting the brakes with a police car behind you is not a good idea. It only tells them you want to donate to their retirement fund.

With today's gas prices, I've to let the other idiots flush out the radar traps and I just wave as I go by them. I made the Phoenix trip last week at 65 both ways trying to save some gas and found I was still passing a lot of folks even with a 75 mph speed limit. (Haven't figured my mpg yet.)

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

In California we can fight tickets using a "Written Declaration" Its pretty cool. You write up that you don't think you deserve the ticket and if you lose you can either pay the fine or fight the ticket in court. Its the only place in the legal system that I know of that you can ask for a "redo" if you don't like the results. This is not an appeal, you just ask for it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:03 PM   #10
texaspride28
texaspride28 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Lol, I have to add my name to the list. Mine was one month, two days. Still had paper tags too. 60 in a 45, kinda one of those out in the country roads that no one ever travels and if they do, they DON'T go 45. Well, he was on a side road, just far back I couldn't see him. But in my Vue's defense, I would have been doing the same thing if I was in the car I traded in, a 98 SL2.

So, now I use the cruise control because man does that 90mph ever creep up on you! Even now, I'll still just be driving down the highway, look down and I'm doing 85-90. Hubby does it too. He says it's the smoothest riding 90mph he's ever seen

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to texaspride28's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help texaspride28 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
texaspride28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
binkybaby
binkybaby is on a distinguished road

i'd still say that the radar detector my mom got me a couple of christmasses ago was the best thing i've got. i know how easy it is to speed in the Binkymobile, i only havc to touch the accelerator to rocket past someone and before i know it i'm doing 85 or 90. i have been a lot better at driving more conservative lately, as i'm a CDL holder and i can't take defensive driving or deferred to dismiss the ticket-i have to pay the fine or fight it in court. To date i have yet to get a ticket in the Binkymobile, a warning yes but i still consider myself very lucky.

-sXe for life-

Former Saturn owner but still a Saturn Fan~!

2010 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to binkybaby's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help binkybaby reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
binkybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:42 AM   #12
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkybaby View Post
i'd still say that the radar detector my mom got me a couple of christmasses ago was the best thing i've got. i know how easy it is to speed in the Binkymobile, i only havc to touch the accelerator to rocket past someone and before i know it i'm doing 85 or 90. i have been a lot better at driving more conservative lately, as i'm a CDL holder and i can't take defensive driving or deferred to dismiss the ticket-i have to pay the fine or fight it in court. To date i have yet to get a ticket in the Binkymobile, a warning yes but i still consider myself very lucky.
We all know what those super troopers do to speeders in Texas...

Once I was driving a u-haul truck toward Mesa, Arizona in the desert and a state trooper got behind me and stayed there for what seemed like 30 minutes. It was one of those situations where you want to just get it over... Like a rattlesnake staring you down for 30 minutes... He just then passed me up and went on his way...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:40 AM   #13
Spazie
Master Member

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkybaby View Post
A friend of mine has a real good story about a radar detector.

Got stopped by a cop, cop walks up to the window and says "You want the good news or the bad news?" Confused, driver says "um ... I don't know?"

"Well, the good news is, your radar detector works. As soon as I hit you with the radar, your brake lights came on. Bad news is, you're still getting a ticket."

Ouch!

I have no faith in radar detectors. By the time it goes off, they've already clocked you. I just keep it slow and steady. Get better gas mileage that way too.

04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!