SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
WhiteEagle
WhiteEagle is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Dizzy Interesting situation...

This past weekend I had something happen with my 2007 GL that was really odd. I inserted the key but before turning it I released the parking brake. As usual the car lights came on and I then started the car. I backed out and started driving only to realize that the little battery icon was lit. In addition, the charge/assist needle was not deflecting as I accelerated or applied the brake. The ECO light came on and off but obviously something was not right. I called OnStar but this is not one of the systems they monitor on the Vue GL and they were only able to suggest I take the car to the dealer. I drove to my destination (a 15 min trip) and stopped the car. I restarted when I returned and everything was working fine. The battery icon was not lit (except when I turned the key and all the icon lights come on) and as I drove away, the charge/assist needle deflected as usual. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Do you think it's worth taking to the dealer and having it checked out or will it be a waste of time because it probably can't be reproduced?

I'd like to hear people's opinions.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WhiteEagle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WhiteEagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WhiteEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Interesting situation...

I believe someone on GreenHybrid.com (in the VUE GL section) mentioned this happening at one point. If I recall correctly, it also went away following a restart. Must be some type of computer glitch that reset itself. Like you suggest, I doubt the dealer would be able to reproduce it.

Out of curiosity, when was your GL built?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:51 AM   #3
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackepj View Post
I believe someone on GreenHybrid.com (in the VUE GL section) mentioned this happening at one point. If I recall correctly, it also went away following a restart. Must be some type of computer glitch that reset itself. Like you suggest, I doubt the dealer would be able to reproduce it.

Out of curiosity, when was your GL built?
Just the other day, I had to have the my GL VUE flashed with the latest firmware. The engine light would come on randomly & sometimes keep the electric motor from kicking in. The flash has corrected the problem. Bring the car back to the retailer and have them run a full diagnostic on the vehicle.

OnStar service is very disappointing with the VUE. Only the ION currently has the capability to run the full gamut of diagnostic tests via OnStar. All VUE owners can get is verification that OnStar is working (ironic because if it wasn't, you wouldn't be speaking to an OnStar rep) and that the airbags a reworking correctly and have not deployed.

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Arnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
WhiteEagle

2007 VUE Green Line

Ok to follow up on the battery light situation, some other things have occurred. The check engine light came on so I took it in to the dealer. I mentioned the battery light and the fact that some times, with the AC off and the engine warmed up, the engine would not shut down while stopped at a light. I'd have to release the brake and press again. Well the technician found 3 codes (don't know what they were) and the result was installing a wiring harness jumper wire per bulletin #07-06-03-004. Fingers crossed that this will solve the problems. At least the check engine light is off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help WhiteEagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
WhiteEagle

2007 VUE Green Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnel View Post
Just the other day, I had to have the my GL VUE flashed with the latest firmware. The engine light would come on randomly & sometimes keep the electric motor from kicking in. The flash has corrected the problem. Bring the car back to the retailer and have them run a full diagnostic on the vehicle.

OnStar service is very disappointing with the VUE. Only the ION currently has the capability to run the full gamut of diagnostic tests via OnStar. All VUE owners can get is verification that OnStar is working (ironic because if it wasn't, you wouldn't be speaking to an OnStar rep) and that the airbags a reworking correctly and have not deployed.
Arnel - thanks for this info. If the wire harness doesn't work, I'll suggest the firmware flash.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
Xyrus
Xyrus is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line

The same thing happened not to long ago with my VUE. Though with mine, apparently I had a faulty master power cable.

They replaced it, and I haven't had any issues since. In fact, the system seems to respond better than it did before.

I'm wondering if this is why some people have been experiencing odd behavior and lower MPGs. In my case, I had a complete cable failure, but had notice some weird behavior before then. If something isn't quite broken enough to send error codes but degrades performance, you'd have no way of knowing there was an issue.

~X~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xyrus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xyrus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Xyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
tackepj

2008 Astra XE

For all those who have had these electrical issues, could you please tell us the build date of your car? I wonder if this was something that was corrected later on and affects earlier models to a greater extent. I haven't had any of these problems (or any at all), but ours is a pretty late build...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #8
WhiteEagle

2007 VUE Green Line

Quote:
For all those who have had these electrical issues, could you please tell us the build date of your car? I wonder if this was something that was corrected later on and affects earlier models to a greater extent. I haven't had any of these problems (or any at all), but ours is a pretty late build...
Where would I find the build date of my car? If you can tell me, I'd be glad to supply the information.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #9
tackepj

2008 Astra XE

I think it's possible to decipher the VIN into telling you the exact day, but I may be wrong about that. You can find the month and year it was built on the data plate inside the driver's door (along with the tire pressure info).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #10
RicksVue
RicksVue is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
I think mine was a pretty early build, ordered when the Green Line first became available. I haven't had either of these issues.

-Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RicksVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RicksVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RicksVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:25 PM   #11
WhiteEagle

2007 VUE Green Line

Quote:
I think it's possible to decipher the VIN into telling you the exact day, but I may be wrong about that. You can find the month and year it was built on the data plate inside the driver's door (along with the tire pressure info).
Thanks for this information. I believe that the car was manufactured around 11/06.

Just got back from a trip to the NC coast and got 32 mpg on my Vue GL.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #12
tackepj

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteEagle View Post
Thanks for this information. I believe that the car was manufactured around 11/06.

Just got back from a trip to the NC coast and got 32 mpg on my Vue GL.
Great mileage! No more electrical issues since the repair?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #13
WhiteEagle

2007 VUE Green Line

Quote:
Great mileage! No more electrical issues since the repair?
No electrical issues of any type! Actually, I think things are running just a bit better but it's only a feeling.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!