SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #21
cloud819
Master Member
cloud819 will become famous soon enough

2001 SC2
Default Re: mod question.

I know this is a Saturn forum, but if you are selling an SOHC because of performance. I couldn't really advise in getting back into a Saturn. There are other cars that offer more performance and promise while giving as good or better MPG than a DOHC.

Certainly the DOHC would give you more umph, but why get back into a Saturn?

They are perfectly fine cars, but if they aren't exactly what you want in a car, than you may find better solution elsewhere. This isn't a slight against you nor what you want to do, just the best advice I can give.

I'll put it this way. If I was buying a car today I wouldn't buy an S-series Saturn. It isn't that they are bad. It is that they tend to have lots of miles on them, no aftermarket, respond poorly to modification and are outclassed by newer offerings.

I still have an SC2, but really only have it because it had so much work into it that it make little sense to get rid of it. In the future I will probably open track it and since it is well upgraded it is better to hold onto it than sell it and start all over with something else later down the road.

Interesting note though, I'm looking for a commuting car, number one on my list right now is the Mazda2. They pack only 100HP and get about the same MPG as a SL1. I care about 0 about performance in this use, I want MPG and to not worry about mechanical issues on my daily for a long time to come.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cloud819's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cloud819 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cloud819 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links