SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General

Old 11-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
stoop14
stoop14 is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR
Default 09 astra xr coupe owners does your led light come on in your stabilitreck button?

Ok the button you hold in to get your stabilitrack off, there is a little led light on the button itself, and mine wont turn on, and i went to the dealer and non of the 09 3 doors they have there will turn on either, so i'm wondering if anyone els with a 2009 3 door xr has a button that will light up? I'm talking about the actuall led light on the button not the one on the speedometer.
Drew
2009 Astra 2 Door XR
Black Sapphire on Charcoal Black
5 speed stick
stoop14 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
sweet_angel
sweet_angel is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: 09 astra xr coupe owners does your led light come on in your stabilitreck button?

Thats weird.... On my 08, the red light on the button works...
sweet_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
stoop14

2009 Astra XR
Default Re: 09 astra xr coupe owners does your led light come on in your stabilitreck button?

i know it does on the 08s in the parking lot too, thats why i'm curious about other ppl with 2009's.
Drew
2009 Astra 2 Door XR
5 speed stick
Old 11-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
stoop14

2009 Astra XR

anyone?
Drew
2009 Astra 2 Door XR
5 speed stick
Old 11-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
JoeyD
JoeyD is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

My little red light on the stabilitrac button is amber.

I hope I didn't buy a lemon.
'08 Astra XR 5
Twilight Blue, Sport Handling Pckg,
Sunroof, 5-speed

'03 Yukon XL SLT
It's big...let's leave it at that.
JoeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:11 AM   #6
bone151
bone151 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
My little red light on the stabilitrac button is amber.

I hope I didn't buy a lemon.
Here's my dilemma. I'm not going to press the button. I'm afraid of what might happen. Sure, I paid for the button; I should press it, once at least.

But if i press the button, regardless of it lighting up or not, the chase is over. Will I no longer love my Astra since I got what i wanted?

What next, flipping down the passenger sunvisor? opening the rear seat cupholders?

I can't. I don't want to be accused of being insensitive or of owning a lemon.
bone151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #7
Articwhite2008
Articwhite2008 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

wthell they have 09 astras???? they didnt even finish selling the 08s lol
Articwhite2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
kikastra
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XR

I don't mean to bring up an ancient thread, but instead of starting a new one...My light does not turn on when I turn off Stabilitrac as well. Its an 09. The symbol appears on the cluster, so it is working. Is it supposed to be like this? Is there an easy way to fix this without bringing it to the dealer (mine closed and the next closest one is far away). Its not really a big deal, but if its supposed to work, I want it to work.
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
shamlyn
shamlyn is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR

Mine is a 2009 5dr XR and mine doesn't come on either. I'm not overly concerned but would be curious if there is anything wrong here.
shamlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #10
kikastra
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamlyn View Post
Mine is a 2009 5dr XR and mine doesn't come on either. I'm not overly concerned but would be curious if there is anything wrong here.
Yep its not a big concern...but its like hmmm...there's a spot for a light. Why doesn't it work? And to make matter's worse, my passenger side fog light didn't work, it wasn't burnt out, it really appeared as if the bulb was never functional to begin with. So I wonder...
2009 Saturn Astra XR3 5-Speed - 77,000KM
Old 10-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
Alman
Alman is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith4477 View Post
Yep its not a big concern...but its like hmmm...there's a spot for a light. Why doesn't it work? And to make matter's worse, my passenger side fog light didn't work, it wasn't burnt out, it really appeared as if the bulb was never functional to begin with. So I wonder...
if you push it and hold it the light will come on...strangely that means stabilitrak is off u'll also got a symbol on your cluster
Alman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #12
kikastra

2009 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alman View Post
if you push it and hold it the light will come on...strangely that means stabilitrak is off u'll also got a symbol on your cluster
Nope...the light on the button does not come on no matter how long I hold it. The symbol on the cluster is there though.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #13
oilburner
oilburner is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Stupid question perhaps, but does that include traction control?

It doesn't seem like there is any in the astra, but due to the lack of power its hard to tell. It would suck with an open diff and no traction control come snow fall.
oilburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #14
Astra La Vista!
Astra La Vista! has a spectacular aura aboutAstra La Vista! has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilburner View Post
Stupid question perhaps, but does that include traction control?

It doesn't seem like there is any in the astra, but due to the lack of power its hard to tell. It would suck with an open diff and no traction control come snow fall.
The Astra does have traction control (TC). Just drop the clutch in the rain and you'll feel it working.

AFAIK, that button is for TC, not [I]Stabili-Trak[/I -- at least on our North American Astras. Other GM cars have a similar button somewhere on the dash or inside the glove compartment. While the two are related somewhat because they both control the brakes and operate off of some of the same sensors, I can't foresee a reason why you'd need a switch to turn Stabili-Trak on/off (after all, this isn't a Corvette). Disabling TC is necessary when stuck in the snow and you actually want to spin the tires. Stabili-Trak is all about controlling understeer/oversteer.

But on my 2008 3XR, the amber LED next to the switch turns on/off with the light on the dash. Seems odd that the 2009 model does away with the LED in the switch, since I'm pretty sure that it is the same switch assembly as in the 2008 models -- with the LED just being disabled because of some programming. True, having two lights telling you that TC is disabled seems a bit unnecessary, but that doesn't explain the change to the 2009 year. The only reason I can think of for having an LED on the switch is to make it easy to spot in the dark when you want to re-engage TC.
"That's a Hruck Bugbear, manufactured in Eastern Europe in the eighties and imported to the States. People mock it as a poor man's Yugo. I consider it the pinnacle of Cold War Balkan engineering."
Astra La Vista! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #15
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra La Vista! View Post
The Astra does have traction control (TC). Just drop the clutch in the rain and you'll feel it working.
You mean the Astra XR, right? Just making sure, as my XE happily spun the inside tire in the rain the other day while in 2nd around a corner.

Hope these Goodyear Eagles work better in the snow than they do in the rain...time will tell, I suppose.
Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #16
danger d
danger d is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra La Vista! View Post

AFAIK, that button is for TC, not [I]Stabili-Trak[/I -- at least on our North American Astras. Other GM cars have a similar button somewhere on the dash or inside the glove compartment. While the two are related somewhat because they both control the brakes and operate off of some of the same sensors, I can't foresee a reason why you'd need a switch to turn Stabili-Trak on/off (after all, this isn't a Corvette). Disabling TC is necessary when stuck in the snow and you actually want to spin the tires. Stabili-Trak is all about controlling understeer/oversteer.

But on my 2008 3XR, the amber LED next to the switch turns on/off with the light on the dash. Seems odd that the 2009 model does away with the LED in the switch, since I'm pretty sure that it is the same switch assembly as in the 2008 models -- with the LED just being disabled because of some programming. True, having two lights telling you that TC is disabled seems a bit unnecessary, but that doesn't explain the change to the 2009 year. The only reason I can think of for having an LED on the switch is to make it easy to spot in the dark when you want to re-engage TC.
IIRC the button disable both traction control and stabilitrack.Not the ABS though.
2008 Red Astra XR3 5-speeds Sport Handling Package Premium Audio Package 17's
danger d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
Alman

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith4477 View Post
Nope...the light on the button does not come on no matter how long I hold it. The symbol on the cluster is there though.
sounds like the light is burnt then.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #18
Alman

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackepj View Post
You mean the Astra XR, right? Just making sure, as my XE happily spun the inside tire in the rain the other day while in 2nd around a corner.

Hope these Goodyear Eagles work better in the snow than they do in the rain...time will tell, I suppose.
yeah standard on the XR option on the XE

the eagles aren't great in the snow but i didn't find them terrible in fairly messy NE winter. Then again it's 10x better than my old car was in the snow (at least until i got some good winter tires) so my opinion may be skewed, I've seen lotsa complaints about driving on these things in the winter.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
kikastra

2009 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alman View Post
sounds like the light is burnt then.
Well I'll have them look at it when I take my car in for the paint blemish I have.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #20
navcanman
navcanman is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR
2005 RELAY-2

No light on button doesn't come on, cluster no longer how long I hold down. The symbol on the Tach lights and goes out using the button???
navcanman is offline   Reply With Quote