SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 12:28 PM   #1
lewis/nj
lewis/nj is on a distinguished road

Default ION crash test results?

Anyone seen the results yet? If not when? If epsilon is any guide (Opel Vectra and SAAB 9-3 have had stellar results in the Euro tests) I predict when we see these we'll all feel better about the mileage/weight tradeoffs in the ION. Hope so.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lewis/nj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lewis/nj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2003, 03:41 PM   #2
Evil_Oppie
Evil_Oppie is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan
The NHTSA has it scheduled for April. shh, inside info...

The IIHS would not confirm anything more than sometime this year. Oh gee, Thanx!

"World domination? You guys couldn't take over a damn bowl of Jell-O."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Evil_Oppie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Evil_Oppie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2003, 05:58 PM   #3
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: ION crash test results?

Quote:
Originally posted by lewis/nj
Anyone seen the results yet? If not when? If epsilon is any guide (Opel Vectra and SAAB 9-3 have had stellar results in the Euro tests) I predict when we see these we'll all feel better about the mileage/weight tradeoffs in the ION. Hope so.
Huh? Who cares about the Epsilon? The Ion is built on the Delta.

And we are the only ones so far......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2003, 01:16 AM   #4
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Re: ION crash test results?

Quote:
Originally posted by saturncanuck
Huh? Who cares about the Epsilon? The Ion is built on the Delta.

And we are the only ones so far......
maybe he just meant that since they are both on a new gm platform that they would be just as good...I dont know

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2003, 07:56 AM   #5
lewis/nj

Yes, thanks that's exactly what I meant. Generations of platforms tend to do roughly equally well and since epsilon did so well one presumes similar results for delta given the fact they were probably done by the same teams using similar software etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help lewis/nj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2003, 09:22 AM   #6
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Yes, thanks that's exactly what I meant. Generations of platforms tend to do roughly equally well and since epsilon did so well one presumes similar results for delta given the fact they were probably done by the same teams using similar software etc.
Nope, sorry, don't buy it.

All cars on Epsilon might be the same but the Delta is different. That's like saying if one GM car is good.....

Never-the-less, I feel Delta will be excellent. Besides, ALL Saturns get 5 star ratings so......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2003, 09:51 AM   #7
lewis/nj

Obviously time will tell. All I really was trying to say was that the reason for the weight on the Delta might be the crash protection which would be a good trade-off to me for a bit less performance and mileage. As somebody who has been pretty dissappointed with aspects of the ION I am open to being ok with the weight tradeoffs if the ION delta chassis aces the crash tests like the Opel and Saab did on the epsilon chassis.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-09-2003, 10:48 AM   #8
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by saturncanuck
Besides, ALL Saturns get 5 star ratings so......
Huh? I think my '97 SL2 got 4 stars for frontal and 3 for side impact. Some Saturns (2000 L Series, 2000+ S Series) have gotten only 2 stars on the side impact test.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2003, 05:58 PM   #9
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That is my thinking also. Assitionaly I would ad to the disussion that the Astra was modified to include the front part of the Delta platform, which may indicate expected good results by the engineers. Then againit might just indicate cost cutting by the accountnts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread