SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 02-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
breslau
breslau is on a distinguished road

Default 92 SL2 Torque converter

Hi, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate if someone could give me an indication of what to do.

Seems that when I am going up a long hill,the car starts to loose power and 9 times out of 10 will stall, most of the time I can recover just prior to a stall by stepping the gaspedal to the floor, the RPM will surge up to about 3500 and there is a clunk. It is especially bad in traffic, coming to a red light I have to keep the RPM up at about 1200, otherwise it will stall.

I did a diagnostic check and it shows a code 26 on the transmission and according to my HAYNES repair manual, this indicates a leaky seal ring on the input shaft. Is there anything I can add to the fluid that would swell up the seal? I looked in the automotive section at a local store and there are all kinds of additives that are supposed to cure "whatever ails you". If not, what is involved (cost-wise) to have this fixed?? Any reply will be appreciated.
breslau is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really nice

2000 SW2
1998 SL2
Default Re: 92 SL2 Torque converter

Do a search in the How-To Library for input shaft nut. That's sounds like your problem. I don't know a lot about auto trannies, but hopefully someone can post the right way to get to it. There have been several posts from people that have messed things up opening the case lately.
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote