SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #1
Twig
Twig is on a distinguished road

Default Intake swap

Possibly a stupid question. Will a 2.4L ion intake manifold fit the 06 2.2L vue? If so, any difference with what the slow turd will do? Pros and cons

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Twig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Twig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Twig is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
Nwitte
Nwitte is a jewel in the roughNwitte is a jewel in the roughNwitte is a jewel in the rough

2006 VUE 2.2L
Wrench Re: Intake swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig View Post
Possibly a stupid question. Will a 2.4L ion intake manifold fit the 06 2.2L vue? If so, any difference with what the slow turd will do? Pros and cons
This will probably help you:

google search "how to install 2.4 intake on 2.2 ecotec"

The cobalt site has a pretty good how-to.

Pros: Slightly more free flowing intake and better atomization of fuel? I've heard of people saying they had a better rev with the 2.4 intake (i believe they went to the larger throttle body as well). The LE5 intake has slightly larger runners allowing air to flow more freely to the ports.

Cons: No change in performance or possible worse fuel economy.

If you're going to change the intake manifold and you want more power, I would probably go with the 2.4 throttle body (ZZP sells the adapter) and buy a 3 inch intercooler piping kit (ebay) and a 3" K&N filter and fab up (hacksaw and file) either a CIA or Ram intake with the aluminum piping (as a start). This will free up your flow to the head. This might cost $200 for a extra 7-10 horsepower and be about 4 hours of work if you have no idea what you're doing.

Don't buy one of those $250 ram air "Custom" intakes when you could do it yourself "Real Custom" for under $120 and get a more aggressive sound.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nwitte's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nwitte reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nwitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #3
Twig
Twig is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Intake swap

Okay wasn't sure as I hear sensors and some other components are different from the vue to other 2.2L engines? Could have been misled.
Been around saturns for over 5 years owning many. This is my second vue and looking to supercharge my back up motor. Been done locally to a cavy 2.2 in the pits for race day
Any input would be good if you have some.
N/a mods also welcome

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Twig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Twig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #4
Nwitte
Nwitte is a jewel in the roughNwitte is a jewel in the roughNwitte is a jewel in the rough

2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Intake swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig View Post
Okay wasn't sure as I hear sensors and some other components are different from the vue to other 2.2L engines? Could have been misled.
Been around saturns for over 5 years owning many. This is my second vue and looking to supercharge my back up motor. Been done locally to a cavy 2.2 in the pits for race day
Any input would be good if you have some.
N/a mods also welcome
There's variations between all the Ecotec engines. There's really no differences with the bolt-on's for the blocks so the 2.4 manifold should fit to the block without any problems if that's what you're wanting to do. Depending on what throttle body you use, you may need a spacer plate to go between the throttle body and the intake manifold. If you're taking it this far I would just replace the entire intake portion of the motor. You're running a speed density setup so there's really not a lot of complications you even have to worry about in regards to the manifold:

o Map sensor
o You may/or may not need to fabricate the connection for your EVAP vacuum line. It looks like it just hooks right up though (you can check it while you're bolting it on).
o Vacuum booster connection (may need to do some minor adjustments to get to fit).

Other than that it should be pretty straight forward. Since you want my input and to be honest, I don't think there will be a heck of a lot of noticeable difference between the LE5 and L61 intake manifolds in regards to performance. Like I said earlier, the gains probably won't be very noticeable unless you change how you're flowing air to the motor. If you do this coupled with a CIA or ram air, you will probably notice some gain. Changing the manifold by itself isn't going to make a difference and it may actually perform worse.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nwitte's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nwitte reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nwitte is offline   Reply With Quote