SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Piscean
Piscean is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 2.4L
Question 2009 Saturn Vue noise and radio

I owned a 2004 Saturn VUE and had a lot of trouble with the plastic squeaking, window rattling and a bad radio. Allegedly thee things had been fixed for the newer model. Knowing the powertrain reliability that I experienced, it seemed a no-brainer to buy a 2009 VUE, despite all the mumbo-jumbo about Saturn going out of business. I didn't care.

Well, now I wonder if I am going down the same path as before and now with less support.

I don't know if there are any techs in this forum, but tell me this, has there been any talk of squeaking noises, rattles and radio problems with any 2009 VUE owners on this forum?

I had my radio replaced last week due to double broadcasts on the A.M. stations. The new radio does it too, only on A.M. The techs who replaced it said it's not right, but their hands are tied. I have an intense rattling vibration that is very noticeable on idling and especially on bumpy roads and it eminates from the overhead garage door opener/light panel and I can quiet it with my hand and when I take my hand off of it, it escalates again. Again...the techs at the shop just probably think I am crazy, but it's loud enough to drive me insane! Of course, they take it around the building and don't hear anything. I drive it off the lot and down the road and it's there.

I am frustrated and this is unacceptable. Is my best recourse to just write to Saturn or just repeatedly inconvenience myself and drive an hour to the dealer to just hear them say, "Sorry, but we just don't hear anything."

Ugh!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Piscean's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Piscean reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Piscean is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
bern
Advanced Member
bern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nice

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: 2009 Saturn Vue noise and radio

See TSB 07-08-46-002D: Audio Whine Noise from Radio Speakers When using OnStar. Are you using Onstar

See #09-08-110-006: Itch or Tick/Tap Noise Coming from Headliner.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
Piscean
Piscean is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 2.4L

I am not using OnStar. I tried the a.m. stations again today and ended up with the overlapping broadcasting again. It's useless. The overhead liner still rattles and I tried those links to the bulletins, but can't open them. I have had no luck with a search.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Piscean's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Piscean reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Piscean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I haven't been inside the new VUEs yet to give them a thorough once-over, but this may help you with the overhead console. Try to loosen the screws a bit. Not to the point where it comes off, just 1/4 turn. The screws may be on too tight and causing the unit to make noise. You may also try putting some form tape behind the console. This will prevent it from rubbing on whatever is behind it.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscean View Post

I have an intense rattling vibration that is very noticeable on idling and especially on bumpy roads and it eminates from the overhead garage door opener/light panel and I can quiet it with my hand and when I take my hand off of it, it escalates again. Again...the techs at the shop just probably think I am crazy, but it's loud enough to drive me insane! Of course, they take it around the building and don't hear anything. I drive it off the lot and down the road and it's there.

I am frustrated and this is unacceptable. Is my best recourse to just write to Saturn or just repeatedly inconvenience myself and drive an hour to the dealer to just hear them say, "Sorry, but we just don't hear anything."

Ugh!
As far as the noise you are hearing...have you tried going on a test drive with the tech so that they can see what you're talking about? This assuming that driving it "down the road" is somewhere within a few mile radius of the dealership and not halfway home on your 1 hour trip. Maybe it was just the techs at my dealer but they always try to test drive with the customer so the customer can pinpoint what they are saying that they are hearing...unless it's something so obvious they can hear it just driving it into the bay.

As far as your best recourse...it really depends on your mileage and the issues. Check the lemon law for your State and see what the qualifications are...they vary. You may be able to use that if you have tried in good faith for the number of times outlined to get the problems resolved to no avail....since these are non-safety related issues the attempted repair times are probably more than once or twice but again, you'll have to check the law. You could also try calling Saturn Care or speaking with the dealership General Manager or Service Manager first (things that Saturn Care are going to do anyway). Look in the back portion of your owners manual for the steps that they have listed there as far as customer service issues. I would try that first.

There isn't much anyone can or will do for the 1 hour trip inconvenience...that's just the way it is now that so many dealerships are already closed and Saturn is being phased out. Some people have mentioned having a much longer commute although it doesn't make anyone's inconvenience less significant.

The radio situation....since it's only the AM stations you are having trouble with did they check anything besides the radio? The antenna perhaps? Not sure if that would help or anything but it honestly may not be the radio itself...or maybe the 09 Vue just sucks with AM stations...maybe ask to test a 09 on their lot if they have one to see if it occurs there. If it does then maybe it's a combination of the signals and the antenna on the Vue or something.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
Steve89
Steve89 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys i have a 2009 saturn vue. i have a subwoofer that i wanted to put in but still keep my manufact CD deck. so i went to best buy and bought this part that taps into my two rear speakers and it converts that signal to a RCA input to my sub. i installed that and the install went smooth. everything was looking all good and when i was all done and went to go turn on my saturn and when i did my DASH CLUSTER AND MY CD DECK did not work no power going to them at all. stereo does not turn on t all and CLuster nothin is lighting up or ANYTHING. I went back and took out everything that i did... still does not work. i went and checked ALL my fuses. inside and out. still nothing. i did not blow anything to my knowledge, but STILL my cluster and my DECK are not working!!!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!!
ASAP!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steve89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steve89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Steve89 is offline   Reply With Quote