SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Vuebird
Vuebird is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Red Line
1999 SL2
Default Just heard on radio about Vue Recall?

I just heard on the radio that "GM is recalling over 32,000 crossover Vue's" for a coolant leak problem that could lead to an engine fire.

Anyone know anything about it? I went to the Saturn website and couldn't find anything.

2007 Vue Red Line FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vuebird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vuebird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vuebird is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
bob shanks
bob shanks is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Just heard on radio about Vue Recall?

I think the recall is for the 2008 v6. The 4 cyl. has electric steering so it is not affected.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bob shanks's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bob shanks reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bob shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
CrewCab
Advanced Member
CrewCab will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE
1996 SL2

It is a campaign for a loose power steering nut. 08-09 Vue w/ hydraulic power steering.

#08284 -- Power Steering Fluid Leak -- Inspect and Tighten Nut

General Motors has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2008-2009 model year Chevrolet Captiva and Saturn VUE vehicles. Some of these vehicles have a condition in which the nut securing the power steering line to the power steering pump may loosen. If this were to occur, there may be a power steering fluid leak. In rare circumstances, the fluid could contact hot exhaust components resulting in a possible engine compartment fire.

Dealer/retailers are to inspect the nut securing the power steering line to the power steering pump. If there are no signs of a fluid leak, retailers are to tighten the nut. If a fluid leak is present, retailers are to tighten the nut and check the fluid level

General Motors will notify customers of this recall on their vehicle

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CrewCab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CrewCab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CrewCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:55 AM   #4
Vuebird
Vuebird is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Red Line
1999 SL2

Thank you gentlemen. I am a single woman living alone and needed to know what or if I needed to do anything. Your answers are very much appreciated.

2007 Vue Red Line FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vuebird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vuebird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vuebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
bob shanks
bob shanks is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Glad to have helped a little.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bob shanks's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bob shanks reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bob shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
saturnvuexr08su
saturnvuexr08su is on a distinguished road

I am one of the owners for a new 08 vue xr that had a fire. At the time it had about 2000 miles on it... I was driving to work and as I pulled into the parking lot the engine started smokeing. It was night. I opened the hood and notice the whole back wall of the engine compartment was smoldering. Called 911 and they sprayed water on it. Called saturn road side assistance and they towed it to the dealer. Dealer fixed problem in 15 minutes" oh the power fluid hose is leaking on the exhaust" like it was no big deal. They had to order special fire wall covering part. Wanted a new car but dealer didn't seem to think it was a big issue... made a big stink with GM about it. According to the recall it has happened to only 4 cars but I wonder if any go unreported because i don't think my dealer reported it to GM, I did.

By the way I could trace a trail of fluid from the parking spot to about where I had to a sharp right hand turn into the parking lot(basically a 180). It caught on fire fast and it was not a small leak... It could have been far worse if it happened on the highway and i didn't notice it fast enough.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnvuexr08su's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnvuexr08su reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnvuexr08su is offline   Reply With Quote