SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
bk63
bk63 is on a distinguished road

Default Engine light, no code.

Somebody out there must have run into this by now. My 04 VUE, 4 cylinder,
86k miles has been a great vehicle. Very few issues with it since I traded in my 03 VTI for it many years ago. (lets not go there ) Anyway my engine light comes on for a couple days, then goes off for a couple days, then goes back on. I put a code reader on with the light on, and it shows no codes. I've changed gas, made sure the gas cap is tight. Anybody got any other ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bk63's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bk63 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Engine light, no code.

Next time the SES turns on, try Autozone or other place for a reading. Never assume your reader is always ready when you can use another reader for free for comparison. Unless you can guarantee a reading from yours every time its plugged in, you have no way to know if its working unless you deliberately cause the SES light to turn on to check your reader against a known error. This would occur by disconnecting a sensor. The following suggestion is at your risk as you assume all responsibility if you decide to try it.

To create an error that turns on the SES light to see if your reader will decode the error correctly, you can try one of several sensors to disconnect that will guarantee an error light and code; egr valve, map sensor, throttle position sensor, O2 sensor, etc.. As soon as an error occurs with the SES light on, try your code reader. It should display the error code to match the sensor. If no code is displayed the reader is faulty. A good code display to match the sensor verifies your reader is operating correctly. Turn off the ignition, reconnect the disconnected sensor and restart the engine. The SES light should turn off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
nhulse13
nhulse13 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

I have an '04 Vue 2.2L 5speed, and I have the exact same problem. The light will not go off and when reset it come back on within hours. I have had firestone and advanced auto put their reader on it and they can not find anything wrong with it. Who knows??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nhulse13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nhulse13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nhulse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
silversurfer13
silversurfer13 will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 2.2L

I got the 2.2 5speed to..had the SES light come on...all the local auto places couldnt pull a code, went to my drummer dad,s shop...he had the real deal scanner and it pulled a evap code..ie gas cap...this is usually the issue ...have the light on..autozone cant pull the code..car is running fine...get a new gas cap..and not from autozone or like it..go to dealership..and get the oem gas cap..i did...problem solved!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silversurfer13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silversurfer13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silversurfer13 is offline   Reply With Quote