SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
TigerXiao
TigerXiao has a spectacular aura aboutTigerXiao has a spectacular aura about

1996 SL
Happy Successfully installed after market radio panel on 96 Saturn SL

There is nothing much to tell about installing an after market radio panel, just match the functions (not the colors), 4 wires for the front speaks and 4 for the rear speaks. The hardest part for me today is the power wire. Normally people would connect one wire from the car to one wire from the harness when there functions match. However with my 1996 saturn sl, I coundn't had the radio working when the power wire and the ground are connected. there are two other wires from the after market harness had no match functions to the car. One of them is Back up Memory wire and the other is Auto Antena wire. I cound't locate these function with my SL so I left them untouched, the car also has three wires which don't match with the harness, from the Stereo wiring diagram they are Accessory 12V wire, illumination,and other one i forgot. I tried to start the radio after every know wires were connected, but it wouldn't start. I played around with Back Up Memory wire, I noticed it is thicker then the others just like the ground wire from the car. I put it on top of the power wire witch is aready connected to the Orange constant wire, the after market device shined with bright lights. So I got the radio working by connecting two of the wires (Back up Memory and the power wire) to the constant power wire from the car.

Just to share this little experience with you guys. Hope it will help someone like me.

1996 SL SOHC 112K update: 1/4/2016
Kevin Yan, Flushing, New York

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TigerXiao's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TigerXiao reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TigerXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links