SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
98_Gold_Uranus
98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2
Default WTB - 2nd gen SL2 console lid

Mine is trashed, and the only one I've found in a local junk yard had literally been glue back together by it's previous owner, so the same condition...

I have a tan interior and console, but at this point I'd take any color.

The console and lid I'm referring to is this one:

Just hoping that someone has an extra they'd be willing to sell, or knows of any in their local junk yard that they be willing to pull and sell to me. eBay has been of no luck with it... I don't need the entire console, just a lid that isn't falling apart into pieces.

Thanks!

98 SL2, 70k miles, kept in the family since new!

Her name is Uranus :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 98_Gold_Uranus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 98_Gold_Uranus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
98_Gold_Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2019, 03:32 AM   #2
jpsuli
jpsuli is a jewel in the roughjpsuli is a jewel in the roughjpsuli is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL2
Default Re: WTB - 2nd gen SL2 console lid

Going to the junkyard this Sunday, I will DM you if I find an extra.

'97 Saturn SL2 @ 140k

r/Saturn_Cars moderator

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jpsuli's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jpsuli reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jpsuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:35 PM   #3
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2
Default Re: WTB - 2nd gen SL2 console lid

I have never seen a console in any of the S-series Saturns I have looked through at the junkyard. In fact, I was unaware there was even an option for a console until the topic was brought up.

If your basic frame and hinges for the lid are intact you might just recover the lid itself using foam and Naugahyde or something similar. Look at youtubes that show how to recover a chair seat to get a good idea of how easy it really is to do.

Personally, I would use a good full or top grain leather.

If the lid is beyond help, in your opinion, just remember that you also recover any other lid you obtain to suit the color scheme of the car.

If you lack the time and the lid is intact, you can take it to an upholstery shop and get the color material you really want. A shoe repairman could also do the job.

1998 SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote