SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Homecoming1999
Homecoming1999 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default Windshield wiper arm cap.......I need one!

Since you guys helped me track down a seatbelt, which I just ordered, the only other item that needs replacing is the plastic cap that fits over where the wiper arm is. Does anything have a lead on this part? I can get a set of wiper blades on Ebay which appears from the photo to come with it. But I cannot find it separate anywhere, Has been discontinued for years from GM....

1999 Saturn SL Homecoming

Thanks so much guys

Jason

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Homecoming1999's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Homecoming1999 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Homecoming1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
Kaervak
Kaervak will become famous soon enoughKaervak will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2
Default Re: Windshield wiper arm cap.......I need one!

Should be able to find them at a junkyard, however I have a couple spares. Cost of shipping and they're yours.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kaervak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kaervak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kaervak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #3
Homecoming1999

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaervak View Post
Should be able to find them at a junkyard, however I have a couple spares. Cost of shipping and they're yours.
Just sent you a message....maybe we can work something out....re..method of payment...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Homecoming1999 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #4
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homecoming1999 View Post
Since you guys helped me track down a seatbelt, which I just ordered, the only other item that needs replacing is the plastic cap that fits over where the wiper arm is. Does anything have a lead on this part? I can get a set of wiper blades on Ebay which appears from the photo to come with it. But I cannot find it separate anywhere, Has been discontinued for years from GM....

1999 Saturn SL Homecoming

Thanks so much guys

Jason
When I went to the junkyard looking for the plastic cover that protected the hex nut on the wiper arm, I found most of them broken and just sitting in place. When I found one intact it looked as though the plastic covers were actually riveted into the wiper arm and could not be removed without breaking them.

Since all my original wiper arms needed was a good sanding and some black paint, I opted to use a 15mm black hex nut cover after removing the broken plastic covers.

I figured if I purchased a used set I could have the same problem with the plastic covers down the road.

1998 SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
Homecoming1999

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusofheart View Post
When I went to the junkyard looking for the plastic cover that protected the hex nut on the wiper arm, I found most of them broken and just sitting in place. When I found one intact it looked as though the plastic covers were actually riveted into the wiper arm and could not be removed without breaking them.

Since all my original wiper arms needed was a good sanding and some black paint, I opted to use a 15mm black hex nut cover after removing the broken plastic covers.

I figured if I purchased a used set I could have the same problem with the plastic covers down the road.

That looks fantastic...where did you get those from?

The caps that came on my car just slides in and out.....

Thank you!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #6
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homecoming1999 View Post
That looks fantastic...where did you get those from?

The caps that came on my car just slides in and out.....

Thank you!
I purchased a set of various sizes of Dome Hex Bolt Caps from Amazon to use on the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1998 SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:17 PM   #7
Homecoming1999

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusofheart View Post
I purchased a set of various sizes of Dome Hex Bolt Caps from Amazon to use on the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you, I just bookmarked that...If I cant find a stock replacement I will order this for sure. It pretty much looks factory!

Jason

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-17-2019, 08:45 PM   #8
trottida
Master Member
trottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud of

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1

Believe it or not that part was also used on some models of Porsche. I can't recall who brought that forward but it's in this forum somewhere. A quick search tells me the Porsche part number is likely 92862862301. The Saturn part number is 21302902. The original post would likely confirm the part fitment and what exact model it comes from.

You can buy them here >> http://www.classicshop.porsche.com/p...862862301.html

or here >> https://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-PORSC.../dp/B00C7S1872

1999 SL2 MT (287,130 km @ 10/2019)
2012 Ford Focus SEL HB MT
2011 Suburban LT

Past Saturns
2001 SL1 MT (438,500 km 11y)
1993 SW2 AT (10y)
2001 LW200 MT (3.5y)
1992 SL2 MT (5y)

:canada:

Last edited by trottida; 10-17-2019 at 08:54 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #9
Homecoming1999

1999 SL2

Thats freakin' incredible....Thank you!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #10
Homecoming1999

1999 SL2

Just ordered 2...I can not believe a Porsche of all cars uses the same cap... I did the comparison, they are exactly the same!

Cheers

Jason

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-18-2019, 02:24 PM   #11
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottida View Post
Believe it or not that part was also used on some models of Porsche. I can't recall who brought that forward but it's in this forum somewhere. A quick search tells me the Porsche part number is likely 92862862301. The Saturn part number is 21302902. The original post would likely confirm the part fitment and what exact model it comes from.

You can buy them here >> http://www.classicshop.porsche.com/p...862862301.html

or here >> https://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-PORSC.../dp/B00C7S1872

Neat find! Not that those were super-expensive, but occasionally when a Porsche part is called for, you can also find a VW part that fits, is cheaper, and occasionally is better.

Example is plastic visor clips; don't recall the Porsche price exactly ($10~15?), but there is a metal VW clip for $4 or so.

The transmission clips for our Saturn trans cables are the same as certain Mercedes-Benz AT clips

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 141k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #12
454cid
454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough

My car doesn't have covers. I always though they looked unfinished. Now, I know why.

2000 SL2 Automatic (back on the road) 17X,XXX miles.
1999 Chevy K3500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 454cid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 454cid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
454cid is offline   Reply With Quote