SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
Reddragon912
Reddragon912 is on a distinguished road

Default Auto stop help

I have a 2007 Vue hybrid. When hitting the brake sometimes the belt would squeal. A day or 2 later I was stopped at a red light and the auto stop kicked in. When I took my foot off the brake nothing happened, I had to shut the car off completely and turn it back on. It happens almost every time the auto stop comes on and is accompanied by a squeal from the belt most times. Otherwise the car appears to run fine. It does come up with the following check engine codes C0036, P0A92, P1A6F. So far we have replace the 12v battery and the belt. Has anyone else had any issues like this? Or does anyone have a suggestion of what it could be?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Reddragon912's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Reddragon912 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Reddragon912 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Auto stop help

Although I'm not wholly familiar with hybrids, this doesn't stop me from learning about hybrids and the possible problems associated with them when hybrid issues occur. Other than visiting GM and hope there's at least one tech familiar with GM hybrids, you're left to search within the Vue green line forum or subscribe to alldata or Mitchell for online access to service manuals. A few former Saturn techs wander in and out on occasion to provide some support but don't count on any for a quick reply. You'd be fortunate if one does. My understanding of Vue hybrids is the additional complication of hybrid electronics along with stop/start feature when stopping at lights to conserve fuel complicates things fast above conventional engines without a hybrid system. My personal opinion is that this isn't for the average diyer, requiring more advanced knowledge of electronics in computer systems in vehicles before attempting diy diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairs. Service manuals provide basic and advanced info for anyone willing to spend time and effort for diy repairs. Without them, it's guessing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote