SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 07-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
crj19
crj19 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Saturn : Vue Red Line 7 PASSENGER "SPECIAL EDITION" AWD SATURN VUE RED LINE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Satur...53696368QQrdZ1

Check this out!
Former Saturn Salesperson....Out of autosales for good!
crj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Saturn : Vue Red Line 7 PASSENGER "SPECIAL EDITION" AWD SATURN VUE RED LINE

Either he dislikes his kids or has more than three of them....

Mind you I remember the days when us kids used to sit in the truck bed while we went on vacation........there was a canopy.....

I wonder how safe it is with seats in the crumple zone....or if the second row seats are up to the task of supporting 5 bodies....
'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2
Default Re: Saturn : Vue Red Line 7 PASSENGER "SPECIAL EDITION" AWD SATURN VUE RED LINE

I wonder if they're mounted so that they're actually legal to carry passengers in... If so, it's kind of a neat idea. I remember riding in my friend's station wagon when I was young that had rear-facing seats - we ALWAYS wanted to sit in those and watch out the back!
13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazie View Post
.... I remember riding in my friend's station wagon when I was young that had rear-facing seats - we ALWAYS wanted to sit in those and watch out the back!
Yeah, I remember those tanks with rear facing seats...very cool! I think those SWs were heavier than a Hummer, and a rear collision would put nary a scratch on the bumper....unless another tank hit you...LOL
'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues
Old 07-22-2007, 11:30 PM   #5
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2
Thumbs Down Re: Saturn : Vue Red Line 7 PASSENGER "SPECIAL EDITION" AWD SATURN VUE RED LINE

HONDA AWD system eh? I would prefer Subaru's, but it must be better than the GM AWD system that came in the rest of our Vues...

Unless those rear-facing seats are somehow mounted directly to the floor, I can't imagine they'd hold up very well with a 100-pound body in them in any sort of crash. I wouldn't want to mount them to the rear seat, it would exceed the load capacity of the seat mounts, I'd think. The false floor back there is way too flimsy to hold anything of substance, it's just fiberglass velcro'd to foam. Those seats also kill any semblance of rearward visibility. What a freak on a leash. Dude probably had to trade up to a Tahoe or minivan because he couldn't keep his pecker under wraps.
Tupperware cars FTW!!!
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:00 AM   #6
mellissam

2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
...... Dude probably had to trade up to a Tahoe or minivan because he couldn't keep his pecker under wraps.
So eloquent, right to the point....
'Silven'

Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #7
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

I wonder how much he spent to put the Honda AWD system in his VUE. That could NOT have been a cheap modification.

As for those seats... OMG. What the heck are they bolted to? I wouldn't even let my dog sit in those seats. Talk about an all-around bad idea.
D C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
I wonder how much he spent to put the Honda AWD system in his VUE. That could NOT have been a cheap modification.

As for those seats... OMG. What the heck are they bolted to? I wouldn't even let my dog sit in those seats. Talk about an all-around bad idea.
Possibly he was mis-informed about the Honda AWD.
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2

I can carry seven "in" my VUE, but then again a la Clark Griswold, I use the roof rack.....
93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.
Arnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:20 AM   #10
cooktxargaflaz
cooktxargaflaz is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
1996 SL1

I bought a third row seat for my Explorer from http://littlepassengerseats.com
It helps out in the occasional pinch when we are with friends, but altogether, we have only used it about 5 times in 2 years. The seats are made in California, and meet DOT standards (according to their website).
Interestingly (oddly) enough, they don't even list the VUE in thier catalog. Perhaps it doesn't have enough steel to be crashworthy or support the seat/passengers.
The rear facing seats remind me of the C-5 Galaxy. I think the concept is cool.
I agree the aftermarket seats in the "Ebay special" VUE are so tall the center mirror would most be useless.
06 Ion3 Quad Coupe
96 SL1
cooktxargaflaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:05 AM   #11
rdalton
rdalton is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

The reason they don't have the vue on their website is that the cargo area is a crumple zone, not the place you want to be in a crash. some of the other suv's listed there must have different crush zones....
--------------
*Deductive Reasoning

I am a nobody,
Nobody is perfect,
There for I am perfect
rdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:55 AM   #12
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

Meeting DOT standards has absolutely nothing to do with and should NOT be read as implying any sort of crashworthiness or safety. I think any crashworthiness/safety engineer would be at the mere suggestion of bolting in a seat where one was never intended to go.
D C is offline   Reply With Quote