SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
oreoucky
oreoucky is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1
Default Stuck window and No Power Locks

I just got back from a 4 day trip to the Florida Keys. Made the drive down perfect in my 2002 SL1 with 91K. Even managed to get 40 MPG. However, I dont think my car liked the heat...

1) At one point I tried to put down the back passenger window and it got stuck and I had to hand pull it back up. I am guessing it is off track.

2) Later in the day the power locks went crazy. They started not working and would click like they were trying too. It would cycle through all 4 doors. I pulled the yellow 20 fuse for the locks so my batter woundnt die. Even weirder if I open or close the trunk it appears to be unlocking the drivers door lock. (i.e. door is manually locked, open or close trunk, door randomly unlocks)

Any ideas? Could these items be related?

Justin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oreoucky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oreoucky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oreoucky is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: Stuck window and No Power Locks

Did you try operating that window from the switch on that door? If it's just that window, and it's inop with either switch, it's most likely that motor or a physical restriction.

As for the power locks, prime suspect is the front door switch. The spring fails to keep it in the "neutral" position and it fires constantly. And IIRC, when you remove the LOCKS fuse, the "default" mode is that it unlocks the driver's door with any other attempt to use the power locks. For now, disconnect that switch (one screw holds the switch/handle assembly), reinstall the fuse and see if that makes the problem go away.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
oreoucky

2002 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
As for the power locks, prime suspect is the front door switch. The spring fails to keep it in the "neutral" position and it fires constantly. And IIRC, when you remove the LOCKS fuse, the "default" mode is that it unlocks the driver's door with any other attempt to use the power locks. For now, disconnect that switch (one screw holds the switch/handle assembly), reinstall the fuse and see if that makes the problem go away.
I see by looking at the door that the assembly with the lever and lock switch is held on by one screw. So I am to unscrew that. What do I do after that? I can slide the assembly partially out but than it seems stuck.

Justin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help oreoucky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Slide it forward as far as it will go, then you can pop it out and it will be more accessible. It will still be restricted by the rods for the manual lock and latch handle. Then you just have to find the release tab(s) for the electrical connector, and disconnect it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
oreoucky

2002 SL1

I had gotten that far. I was just having trouble finding the release tabs for the electrical as it was hard to see.

Justin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!