SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
Opel_Astra_Nur
Opel_Astra_Nur is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default New to the Astra World!

Hey guys still trying to acclimate myself with your site.

Its kinda confusing but I'm Sure I'll catch on in due time.

My Name is Colin, This October I took possession of a lightly used 9,000 Mile 2008 Star Silver Astra XR 5spd with cloth and premium sound. I have been involved with Saturn since my grandfathers Green auto 98SL1 and owned a few models since then not limited to my family's cars. Sky,Sky Redlin, Ion Redline, Vue, Vue redline and an Outlook XR.

But Trying to find things about this car is tough. I prob have made my eyes roll in the back of my head 10 times today trying to figure out what I can do for this car.

I was looking to do a complete Opel re badge top to bottom and then go from there. As you can prob tell from my Screen Name I have what you may say "High Hopes" in doing a NUR Edition Opel Astra OPC. That's prob gunna take some time but as for the moment I'd like to have a complete insight on where to go to properly buy these items in a clean swipe of my card?

Thanks guys

Hope to get so more details from you all.

2001 Burnt Orange A/TM sc2* Sold
2004 Onyx Ion Redline GM Stage III Track* Sold
2008 Star Silver Aura XE V6 Daily Driver* Sold
2008 Star Silver Astra XR 5Spd ** Current

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Opel_Astra_Nur's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Opel_Astra_Nur reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Opel_Astra_Nur is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
Limit13ss
Limit13ss is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New to the Astra World!

Hey, Welcome to the forum!

As you may have already realized by now, there aren't a lot of after market parts for the astra available in North America. Not yet anyways. Most cosmetic you would have to order from Europe. As for performance, your looking at derestricting airbox/new intake and getting a pedalbox to improve throttle response. those are significant mods i came across.

As for Opelizing, some members have done it, but from what i've researched so far, its hard to find the right grille, and in order to change the badge on the steering wheel, you need to replace the airbag piece, or settle for an overlay sticker, or dremel out the old badge. The rear badge/wheel center caps are pretty straight forward.

Rims are rims.... nothing special there. Bolt pattern is 5x110.

Suspension, Eibach pro kit is good overall performance, with practical ground clearance. ( drops 1" all around ) + you can get sway bars...

You can get HIDs, but DRL cannot be disabled.

Lips/bumpers hard to find, due to the fact that majority are pre-facelift, and again, all are from Europe, and most companies do not ship to Canada/US

Hope this helped out a bit. This is just my opinion, and what i have learned so far on the forum

Last edited by Limit13ss; 12-07-2011 at 07:56 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Limit13ss's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Limit13ss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Limit13ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Gougou
Gougou is on a distinguished road

welcome

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gougou's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gougou reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gougou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Opel_Astra_Nur

2008 Astra XR
Dizzy I'm so confused!

Thanks for your feed back.

Can you point me to a forum dealer or a member that has a complete Opel rebadge? I just dont know what company is trustworth. I don't mind doing a little effort on the modifying end to get the badge on the steering wheel. Everything else seems cut n dry. Is there any site that is a one stop shop for the conversion?

If there isn't one can you point me to the companies that do where I can piece them together?

thanks
Colin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Opel_Astra_Nur reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Limit13ss

just search up re badging or opelizing , and look around in that thread, there is more than one. I can't remmber of the top of my head. and no, no one stop shop, just random places. lol.

Everything I have mentions can be searched up on this forum.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Limit13ss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
Tonyy
Tonyy is on a distinguished road

LMF is the best one stop shop for all Astra parts over here.
Ebay.UK or Ebay.ie for the Opel badges is also the best and cheapest source we've found also, hope this helps.

Won't let me post up a link for LMF, just search for LMF Vauxhall should do the trick.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tonyy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tonyy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tonyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Opel_Astra_Nur

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyy View Post
LMF is the best one stop shop for all Astra parts over here.
Ebay.UK or Ebay.ie for the Opel badges is also the best and cheapest source we've found also, hope this helps.

Won't let me post up a link for LMF, just search for LMF Vauxhall should do the trick.
Thanks guys, I cant wait to roll out with a diff car lol.

Are there any astra owners in FL that are on this forum?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:10 AM   #8
Limit13ss

Problem is LMF is 90% pre facelift and really expensive. If you gonna buy grilles and such, research on this forum and make sure you get the right one (i.e. 7 clips on the bottom)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-10-2011, 02:09 AM   #9
phatfire6
Advanced Member
phatfire6 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

If you want OEM, straight from the dealer parts, I have a working partner in the UK. Only problem is - you'll be paying dealer prices for the big ticket items. Then again, there are parts that are much cheaper to just import than to replace here in the states... grrrr.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phatfire6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phatfire6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phatfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #10
Werks11
Werks11 is on a distinguished road

confusing?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Werks11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Werks11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Werks11 is offline   Reply With Quote