SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
Francophile50
Francophile50 is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Saturn Kitsch

Hey recently I saw a car vacuum cleaner with the Saturn logo on it. I'm sure it may have been a promotional item but I was wondering what else has been used as a promotional item. I know about the cups and hats and shirts. I also know there were keychains and stuffed animals. But where does it end? Were there kitchen items like pot holders, spoon rests, aprons? What have you seen that is out of the ordinary? Scott

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Francophile50's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Francophile50 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Francophile50 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #2
Francophile50

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: Saturn Kitsch

The handheld vacuum cleaner was an eBay auction and I let it go because someone bought it paying $35 for what looked like a cheap Chinese vacuum cleaner with the brand logo on it. I opted to buy a old Black & Decker car vac made in America in the box with instructions and attachments for like $23 shipped. Worst case scenario I can find a Saturn logo sticker and put that on it. I wonder how far we will go to buy original Saturn stuff. Scott

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Francophile50 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
aygc271
aygc271 has a spectacular aura aboutaygc271 has a spectacular aura aboutaygc271 has a spectacular aura about

I have a Saturn Hot Wheels blimp for what that's worth. No idea why it was produced.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aygc271's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aygc271 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aygc271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:30 PM   #4
Francophile50

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

I am buying clothes now. Hats, jackets, shirts. I also got some mugs, keychains, and magnets. I am known as the Saturn guy at my dealership since I own two wagons. Scott

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-30-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

I have a Road Rippers Saturn ION Red Line. It's about 8 inches long. There are 2 buttons on the roof. If you press one, you hear the engine rev for a few seconds before the car takes off with a tire squeal sound and goes about 10 feet before stopping. If you press the other button, "neon" lights under the car flash and it plays a short bass rift.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:04 PM   #6
Francophile50

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

These are Factory buttons? Scott

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to all

1997 SL2

A cook book, apparently
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Diecast-S...d%3A1#viTabs_0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.58.37 PM.jpg (99.2 KB, 4 views)

It's time to play....guess that rattle!
1997 SL2, 111K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #8
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

I have a set of Saturn Glasses, that one of my friends found for me at a Thrift Store. They are drinking glasses with the Saturn Logo on them.

I also know about an HO Scale Train Set that was made only available to Saturn Employees in 1997; but I have not yet been able to find one these:

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:51 PM   #9
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

There was Saturn of Japan. A failure after just a few years (they sold 4324 cars in 4 yrs of existence), they nevertheless had an online gimmick in the early days of the Internet.

You could go to their website and print off paper doll style patterns for small SC2s and create 3D paper cars. (I still had a gold one until recently, but it ended up crushed and torn in the back of a drawer.) They even had a printable pattern for a dealership building, so you could create your own Saturn fleet of little paper cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote