SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
Beasleylou
Beasleylou is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default 2005 Vue 2.2 Manual. Help with Backup Lamp Circuit

I have no power at the backup lamps.
I have power at the fuse.
Key on I have power power at the backup switch connector pink wire.
Key on shifter in reverse I have power on the light-green wire at the backup switch connector so switch is ok.
Key on shifter in reverse I have no power at the light-green wire in the rearview mirror so presumably the problem is in the front somewhere?

Before I start unraveling wiring I was hoping someone had some idea where a likely light-green wire break would be in the engine compartment. Is there a connector somewhere?

Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Beasleylou's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Beasleylou reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Beasleylou is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2019, 12:17 AM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2005 Vue 2.2 Manual. Help with Backup Lamp Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasleylou View Post
I have no power at the backup lamps.
I have power at the fuse.
Key on I have power power at the backup switch connector pink wire.
Key on shifter in reverse I have power on the light-green wire at the backup switch connector so switch is ok.
Key on shifter in reverse I have no power at the light-green wire in the rearview mirror so presumably the problem is in the front somewhere?

Before I start unraveling wiring I was hoping someone had some idea where a likely light-green wire break would be in the engine compartment. Is there a connector somewhere?

Thanks.
See thumbnails - L-GN wire routed from BACKUP SWITCH to Underhood Fuse Block (UHFB) - enters connector C2 - contact A12.

The BU voltage is split inside UHFB and normally goes to mirror (C3-A1) and two L-GN wires will be connected to C3-A5 going the rear lamps.

Wires entering bottom of UHFB have been known to break due to sharp bends so you might try wigging harnesses to confirm open circuit is outside UHFB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04 Vue - BU Lights Wiring.jpg (86.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 05 Vue - UHFB BU Intrcnt.jpg (116.5 KB, 7 views)

I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:19 AM   #3
Beasleylou

2005 VUE 2.2L

I pierced the light-green wire found in a small bundle maybe 5-6 inches from the back of the box and found batt voltage ok.

As you say break is likely where the wires come together and enter the box. Tried wiggling... no joy.

Thanks for the box diagram. Too cold now to attempt taking that box apart. May have to wait until spring.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Beasleylou reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-10-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasleylou View Post
I pierced the light-green wire found in a small bundle maybe 5-6 inches from the back of the box and found batt voltage ok.

As you say break is likely where the wires come together and enter the box. Tried wiggling... no joy.

Thanks for the box diagram. Too cold now to attempt taking that box apart. May have to wait until spring.
According to BU diagrams voltage supply and three wires routed to mirror and tail fixtures are all part of CKT 24 and all light green.

Is it possible the small harness you located has other light green wires?

If yes I'd be tempted to "test-connect" supply wire to another light green wire ... if successful ... tie all together and bypass the UHFB.

I try to visit forum often but suggest you use private messages if in a rush (comes to cell) and include email address for extracts. I seldom check visitor messages so please don't use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:56 PM   #5
Beasleylou

2005 VUE 2.2L

Iím sure I had the right conduit. I followed it up from the backup switch connector and the other (speed sensor?) connector on top of the transmission.
Its a maybe 10mm plastic tube with only 5-6 wires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #6
bern
Advanced Member
bern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nice

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

You can also Run a jumper wire To the mirror circuit 24, if the reverse lights come on everything in back is good

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote