SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #1
Manospeed
Manospeed has a spectacular aura aboutManospeed has a spectacular aura aboutManospeed has a spectacular aura about

Default 2007 Saturn Vue error codes

Hi Gents,

Summer projects of changing struts, front rotors/pads, and rear brake drums all went well for a total newbie such as myself. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm now going to have to dive into the engine as I'm seeing the following error codes:

1. P0378 (fault)
2. C3F00 (fault)
3. P0778 (pending)
4. B0300 (pending)

I looked up the codes and found the description, with the exception of C3F00, but have absolutely no idea what is wrong and what I need to do to correct the problem. Anyone experience these error codes before and if yes, what did you need to replace to fix them? I tried to erase the codes a few times in case of a code being a 'one-off', but the codes are not being erased.

On another note, what is the difference between a fault and a 'pending' code?

Thanks...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Manospeed's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Manospeed reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Manospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2007 Saturn Vue error codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manospeed View Post

1. P0378 (fault)
2. C3F00 (fault)
3. P0778 (pending)
4. B0300 (pending)

On another note, what is the difference between a fault and a 'pending' code?

Thanks...
What sort of engine are we dealing with?

I can't find any of those codes listed in Vue factory service manual.

Pending code are defined here:

http://support.bluedriver.com/custom...rmanent-codes-

I don't spend much time on forum but answer private messages (PM email my phone). Include email address if you need pdf extracts. Don't use visitor message - I forget to check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #3
Manospeed
Manospeed has a spectacular aura aboutManospeed has a spectacular aura aboutManospeed has a spectacular aura about

I have the 2.2 liter L4 engine. I used a colleague's cheap Veepeak OBD2 scanner to pull off the codes, although I'm not sure if this device can accurately read the codes off a Saturn Vue.

Is there a different scanner you would recommend?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Manospeed reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
Woodpecker
Woodpecker is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Those are valid OBD codes in general (except that's probably a P0300 - multiple cylinder misfire). Yours aren't all the same as these, but they are unusual. Does the engine start, run, and drive ok?

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159497

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Woodpecker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Woodpecker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Woodpecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
Manospeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodpecker View Post
Those are valid OBD codes in general (except that's probably a P0300 - multiple cylinder misfire). Yours aren't all the same as these, but they are unusual. Does the engine start, run, and drive ok?

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159497
Yes oddly enough the car starts right up with no issues and appears to be running fine. For these, I'm thinking to replace the following parts as they're all original with the exception of the spark plugs:

1. Crankshaft position sensor
2. Spark plugs
3. Ignition coil
4. Ignition coil boots
5. Ignition control module (ICM)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

OBD II readers are supposedly universal to every vehicle in the USA with OBD II since 1996. In reality, early readers were sketchy - work fine in one vehicle then cone up empty in another with no rhyme or reason. OBD II is standardized and readers are supposed to adhere to the same standard but with early readers. Sometime its worth trying other readers like AutoZone providing free decodes to see if your error codes are genuine or not.

Pending codes is geek speak for the on board emissions self tests detecting an error, detecting a correction, removing the live error from memory but monitors several engine/drive cycles to determine if the error stays away or not. If after several driving cycles doesn't have the error reappear as genuine, the pending code goes away. False positives do occur sometimes so driving and/or performing any maintenance related or unrelated may help rid the pending codes. Pending codes have no affect on states requiring emissions inspection. The check engine light being on with stored live codes fails emissions inspection.

In general, crank sensors fall into two categories, outright failure or intermittent operation. Both result in the engine failing to startup or if intermittent, randomly killing the engine. Intermittent crank sensors tend to fail with a warm engine with failure to startup until the engine cools off then repeating the cycle. If your engine runs, its not a crank sensor issue.

Spark plugs should be replaced according to owner's manual recommendations, 100k miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote