SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
law56ker
law56ker is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 Vue compatible navigation system?

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2007 vue and am happy with my purchase. I was wondering if there is a navigation system that can be installed in the dash that is compatible with the 2007 vue. I am not technical at all so any and all help and recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to law56ker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help law56ker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
law56ker is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2018, 12:28 AM   #2
G33k
G33k is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2007 Vue compatible navigation system?

Why spend so much on navigation while portable are so cheap. I have navigation in my two cars but since last couple years have not updated maps. Each costs more than 200 bucks to upgrade.
There are several options if you still want one .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to G33k's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help G33k reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
G33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #3
Woodpecker
Woodpecker is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Any aftermarket double din would work. I just installed a head unit in my 2007, but without GPS. The install is the same. I got a module to keep my steering wheel controls, too. I buy from Crutchfield, just because you get all of the things you need at the right price.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_182350....html?tp=20212

If you want to retrofit some other factory in there, that's a whole other can of worms.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Woodpecker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Woodpecker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Woodpecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Wow!? Crutchfield gps systems from $250 all the way up to $3000?! I'm sure there are good ones on eBay for less but shopping is required for compatibility for plug 'n play. I don't know if things have improved but I recall factory navigation requires periodic updates and may require a fee (or not). The same with early portable GPS units. Most needed updating for a fee while newer(?) ones may have free updating. Personally, I use a tablet, Wi-Fi only, with Google gps for the large screen but have to mount it for use. The only issue, and not important in my retirement, is that it doesn't have traffic reports while in use. When connected to WiFi, traffic reports are generated. My guess is the majority of drivers demands traffic reports in their daily drives so cellphones provides this as long as a digital data plan is used. I gravitated to cellphone navigation without a digital data plan so no traffic report but navigation still works fine. Without a data plan, I download a large area to my phone where I live to have a current map stored for navigating. If I travel outside the map area, all I have to do is download another map for continuous map coverage whether its the next state over or anywhere in the world goggle has maps. To make things complex, I imagine tethering a cellphone to in car navigation (for the larger screen display) so traffic reports can be displayed. I'm guessing most in car navigation doesn't have cellular connection unless desired so traffic reports can be displayed for the daily driver.

Keeping things simple, most aftermarket radio/navigation systems will work fine. Either they're plug 'n play with compatible wiring or require a harness to mate with the vehicle for compatibility (crutchfield). Consulting aftermarket radio/alarm stores can help too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:17 PM   #5
Woodpecker
Woodpecker is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Wow!? Crutchfield gps systems from $250 all the way up to $3000?!
Those high-end ones are for specific vehicles that have tough-to-fit dashes and electronics, and came with small displays. They look factory when complete. All of the sub $1k are standard double din.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Woodpecker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Woodpecker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Woodpecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:00 PM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I'm astounded with aftermarket units costing as much as oem. Sometimes being old school without keeping up with the Jones' yet accept some new school tech is good. I thought my nephew's upgrade to center console combi radio/navi unit ($750) in his '09 CTS-V (6spd manual) with some installation issues was a bit much but now that I see a wide price range I understand a little better. The stock navigation pop up unit is antiquated and cannot update (unless he subscribes to OnStar?). I used it on a partial trip back from dealer purchase and its was really difficult to maneuver. Being spoiled with google maps then transitioning to google maps on tablet and cellphone made it easier to adjust. Even using a portable Garmin was easy. My guess is the better navigation units are attuned to fast and easy touch screen commands to minimize driving while distracted. Attempting to maneuver Cadillac navigation is very poor for an upscale vehicle with a small screen. Of course, a passenger can make changes while the driver concentrates on driving.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #7
Ta2dResqr
Ta2dResqr is on a distinguished road

I am running a refurbished Kenwood Exceleon DNN992 head unit with a Pirate Bay Garmin map for 2019 on it. I rarely use it since I have my phone with traffic updates but it's there when I get poor cell reception. You just have to pick a budget and find a head unit that fits.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ta2dResqr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ta2dResqr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ta2dResqr is offline   Reply With Quote