SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech

Old 02-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
chrisbarnes72
chrisbarnes72 is on a distinguished road

Default Replacing Factory Radio

Hi, I have a 2007 Vue with the basic Radio/cd player.
I found a repacememt factory gm radio that plays the mp3 cd's from a totaled 2006 vue.
Does anyone I know if there will be any problems replacing the headunit with one from another vue? The junk yard guy said it may only work with the vue it came in. If so, is there a way to reprogram it to work in my vue?
Thanks
Chris
I love my 2007 Saturn Vue, but I sure am disappointed how difficult Saturn made it is to add XM that hasnt been installed from the factory. When I asked the sales man about it he just stated"there is a plug on the fron of the radio you can use". I still havent found a good place to mount my roady.
If I had know, I probably wouldnt have bought my VUE.
chrisbarnes72 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Replacing Factory Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbarnes72 View Post
Hi, I have a 2007 Vue with the basic Radio/cd player.
I found a repacememt factory gm radio that plays the mp3 cd's from a totaled 2006 vue.
Does anyone I know if there will be any problems replacing the headunit with one from another vue? The junk yard guy said it may only work with the vue it came in. If so, is there a way to reprogram it to work in my vue?
Thanks
Chris
I love my 2007 Saturn Vue, but I sure am disappointed how difficult Saturn made it is to add XM that hasnt been installed from the factory. When I asked the sales man about it he just stated"there is a plug on the fron of the radio you can use". I still havent found a good place to mount my roady.
If I had know, I probably wouldnt have bought my VUE.
Do yourself a favour, and search the threads for XM...there is an AFM kit you can buy that will use the radio (XM ready). Here, found link...
http://oem-auto-accessory.com/gm_gmx...an_radios.html

Make sure you get the right one. Looks like 'KIT GM4'...call them.
All-in all, not too steep a price for integrating XM into your radio. As far as I know, the 06 radio should work, as the 06 is virtually identical to 07's...would think it be plug-n-play....good luck.
'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote