SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 01-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
jlarsonld3
jlarsonld3 is on a distinguished road

Default What do you love about your VUE?

As a newer owner of a 2010 Saturn VUE XR AWD - I am curious what you love about having/driving/owning your VUE. I happen to like the feeling of safety I get when I am in it and the smooth ride it has. I also love the acceleration speed when going on to the highway. The hands-free option is MOST useful as well.

I'd love to hear what you fine VUE drivers have to say!
jlarsonld3 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
dunkel
dunkel is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What do you love about your VUE?

I've got an '04 with the V6. It just drives beautifully. Plenty of room for the kids and whatever else we need to throw in the back. And no big trouble from it so far.
dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

I love that it's paid for and it has given me 76,xxx miles of nearly trouble free service. The issues I have had have been minor (front suspension, shift cables....)
Not a Saturn.
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

I love that it does everything. It's not that bad on gas (to get 28 mpg in an SUV now you have to get something small and underpowered or a hybrid), it's got plenty of space (I've got my toolbox in the back of it right now, and normally has plenty of space for the dog and us and our stuff), It's quick enough to be entertaining, and it always looks good (gotta love those plastic panels).

I suppose I've had only minor issues with it really, and have been doing upkeep on it as I go (it just got new spark plugs, which weren't hard to do at all). It's never left me stranded, and is pretty inexpensive to insure. The AWD, while many speak poorly of it, has never let me down. I like that I can take it up north after I get some new tires and not have to worry about it (summer only tires atm). I like that I was able to rip out all the factory stereo stuff easily and replace it with good stuff. I like that most everything is easy to do on the vehicle as far as upkeep.

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I hate certain things about it (all the cheapness, the weak front suspension), but overall I have only had a series of small problems with it. Most of all, I love that it does all it does and wasn't that expensive.
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
Classic57
Classic57 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.0L
Thumbs Up Re: What do you love about your VUE?

What's not to love? I have a 2006 6cyl Cypress Green. I love the gold tinge to the color. I love the size. I love the reliability. I love the cargo space. I love all the windows. I love the "get up and go" it still has.
Classic57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Power, economy, reliability, and utility is unmatched by any SUV.

I don't have the opportunity to drive as much as others on this forum, I'm only at 27,700 miles.

Interesting fact last month I flew to Denver and rented a 2011 Equinox LTZ. All the luggage fit in my VUE, it did not fit in the cargo space of the Equinox...

Advantage: VUE...
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
pdough
Advanced Member
pdough will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

I love not feeling bad about throwing a leaking garbage can full of recycling in the back each month. I love that I spent a few thousand less on it than a comparable import. I love the polymer panels. They still look new after 190,000 miles. I love the reliability. My 2006 2.2l manual has been awesome with only minor repairs to date. Good gas mileage and as hard as I try in city driving I never can get it below 22 mpg. I love the oil filter design. I only need a single paper towel to wipe oil off the oil pan drain plug; no oil all over the back or side of the motor when replacing the filter. Oil filter replacement coming up from the top of the motor is awesome! I love the oil life monitoring system. I've been following it since I bought it new, and believe I've gotten my money's worth from the motor using dino oil. Its burning a bit now but think its understandable considering the mileage. I love that mine has a timing chain that never needs replacing (not offered by any competitor). I love that the transmission fluid never needs changing. I love the electric power steering. No fluid to leak or replace. And most of all, I love rowing through the gears on a manual transmission.

I don't like its front brakes. They wear too often and rears hardly at all. I don't like the squeaks and rattles. But it is an SUV and an inexpensive one at that, so squeaks and rattles were expected when I bought it...
pdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
Leonard1818
Leonard1818 will become famous soon enoughLeonard1818 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L

I love that everyone with the 6cyl. mentions the power, reliability, fuel economy, etc (which ultimately relate to the engine/transmission) and that it's a HONDA V6!

sorry, pdough... Sounds like you don't like "imports" (read: Global economy...don't even get me started lol)

If it's any condolence, the "GMness" does shine through in many ways... Not only with the "class action" VTI transmission on the non-Honda-powered vues, but even on the Honda V6 ones...

BUT... you do get what you pay for... Sorta. New, the AWD V6 was kinda expensive... Fortunately for us, these things don't hold resale value as well as some vehicles so we were able to nab ours for a fraction of what it was new.

Honestly, I really love our VUE. I love that it's paid off, I love that I don't have to worry about bumping into things (rear bumper is scraped up from a 16 year old kid running into it), I don't have to worry about my wife and daughter in crappy weather, I love being able to throw the dogs in the back... there's a lot of things that I really like about it. In fact, if I could find another Honda V6 one, I would want it for ME but I would rather save the money cause we're gonna need a bigger vehicle sometime soon... then the VUE will be MINE!!!
Leonard1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #9
sideup66
sideup66 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard1818 View Post
In fact, if I could find another Honda V6 one, I would want it for ME but I would rather save the money cause we're gonna need a bigger vehicle sometime soon... then the VUE will be MINE!!!
*insert evil laugh*
fixed .
Anyway, I love mine for what it is. It is economical that on a college student salary I can afford it, very capable in the snow (even though im not on Honda power, the thing reminds me of the old game Asteroids when it grabs on a slippery surface), It has decent gas mileage, and for the time ive owned it, been nothing short of reliable. Some minor quirks, but as expected with a 8 year old car, but its never any major issue.
Best part is how it looks for its age. Some tell me the car still looks new despite being 8 years old.
sideup66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:11 AM   #10
Midnight13
Midnight13 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L

Im not very happy with my Vue at the moment, as it's going back to the shop. I'm sure reading my other posts and thread, most are aware of it's issue. It has had its fair share of issues in the year i've had it, rad replacement was expected, but free, needed a battery, brakes twice cause they warped after 6 months, rotors replaced free under warranty,endlinks, but typical, and cheap to replace, an o2 sensor, i mean i've been extremely lucky with its little issues, they've all been cheap fixes, and done quickly. I'm hoping this current issue can be talked about later as something simple and stupid.

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this thing! I wanted one in 06 but couldn't afford it nor could justify needin something bigger than a car. I fell in love with this plastic brand as i got an sl then and has been my most reliable car ever.

I love the look of it. It has the original Saturn look. A reason I wanted the early first gen.

Love the honda reliability,love the up and go, love the passing ability.

Love the AWD system, with my winter tires, this beast is unstoppable. Doesn't flinch in the worst storms. Can cruise along faster, but safely of course, than any 4x4 pickup.

Makes a better working vehicle than i've seen even trucks do, i've used my Vue more than anyone I know who has a truck uses theirs.

Its fun to drive, gets amazing gas mileage at 28 mpg mixed for me anyways.

I can haul alot of stuff on the inside,i've got a 2 yr old enough said,lol!

I love that I can get my son in and out of the carseat withoit hunching over like in a car.

I love and do i ever love the heated seats! Awesome in the winter, and on my lunchbreaks when my back is killing me.

Did i mention i love my plastic cars i live in a saltbelt, so i can expect it to look as great as my SL does
at 13 yrs old. And then some. I dont have to do bodywork to keep it looking great either.

I love the crome trim around the guages, silly but i do.

I love how it handles, hubbys 08 is so stiff it hurts sometimes, the Vue is like driving on a cloud! Barely feel the road bumps.

With all that i love about my vue, it sucks when its down like it is... I miss him
Midnight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:06 AM   #11
sideup66
sideup66 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Oh also I love how the ride is refined yet the car has a whole sporty side to its personality. .
sideup66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #12
cash70
cash70 is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

I can get in and out easily and stretch my long legs while I drive. Not so with my wife's 06 Highlander. They don't have as much room up front as the Vue.
cash70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #13
Vue in Ontario
Vue in Ontario is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight13 View Post
Im not very happy with my Vue at the moment, as it's going back to the shop. I'm sure reading my other posts and thread, most are aware of it's issue. It has had its fair share of issues in the year i've had it, rad replacement was expected, but free, needed a battery, brakes twice cause they warped after 6 months, rotors replaced free under warranty,endlinks, but typical, and cheap to replace, an o2 sensor, i mean i've been extremely lucky with its little issues, they've all been cheap fixes, and done quickly. I'm hoping this current issue can be talked about later as something simple and stupid.

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this thing! I wanted one in 06 but couldn't afford it nor could justify needin something bigger than a car. I fell in love with this plastic brand as i got an sl then and has been my most reliable car ever.

I love the look of it. It has the original Saturn look. A reason I wanted the early first gen.

Love the AWD system, with my winter tires, this beast is unstoppable. Doesn't flinch in the worst storms. Can cruise along faster, but safely of course, than any 4x4 pickup.

Makes a better working vehicle than i've seen even trucks do, i've used my Vue more than anyone I know who has a truck uses theirs.

I love that I can get my son in and out of the carseat withoit hunching over like in a car.

I love and do i ever love the heated seats! Awesome in the winter, and on my lunchbreaks when my back is killing me.

Did i mention i love my plastic cars i live in a saltbelt, so i can expect it to look as great as my SL does
at 13 yrs old. And then some. I dont have to do bodywork to keep it looking great either.

I love how it handles, hubbys 08 is so stiff it hurts sometimes, the Vue is like driving on a cloud! Barely feel the road bumps.

With all that i love about my vue, it sucks when its down like it is... I miss him
What?????????

surely it wasn't just me that read that wrong
Vue in Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight13 View Post

Using Raybestos preminum rotors will stop your brake problems.

Using the greasable end links will stop the front end squeaks.
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #15
GoSaturn1
GoSaturn1 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.6L
Thumbs Up Re: What do you love about your VUE?

That's easy -- I love the shift points now, starting immediately post-PCM reprogramming. (Even more so since 90% of my driving is in the range where previously, it'd hunt all the time.)

Vue's paid for, so I'm hoping to keep it easy on the transmission for a while more. The PCM reprogramming plus new fluid -- just the ticket. (Didn't need a new TC or TC repairs, apparently.)
GoSaturn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I love the fact that I get close to 30mpg highway and while it was loaded up and pulling a loaded trailer, it returned 20mpg. While pulling same said trailer, it would hit 65-70 at times without complaining. AWD traction in the snow is great.
"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #17
oc-patrick
oc-patrick is on a distinguished road

1. Power and reliability of the engine. I had a Lexus IS 300, but the Vue had more power, better mileage AND cost about $10,000 less! What's not to love?

2. Plenty of second row room - even though you can't recline or slide back.

3. Perfect height for an SUV, unlike some wagons or monster SUV's.

We've had ours since 2006 (an early 2007 model) and put on just over 32,000 miles and we've only had to take it in twice for a minor warranty work.

I will miss Saturn and our local dealership - one of the best experiences we've had with a dealer and service department.
2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA CRYSTAL GRANITE
2015 HONDA CR-V MOUNTAIN AIR
2006 DAYTONA CHARGER TOP BANANA
oc-patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #18
Hoagrod
Advanced Member
Hoagrod is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

- I love the looks of the RL Vue
- Get up and go is a blast and sounds amazing with Fujita intake
- Haven't really had a chance yet to test the AWD, but looking forward to it.
- Space is great although starting to diminish with two dogs and a kid now
- Roof rack I like, but not being able to slide it to where I need it sucks. The spacings are a bit odd.
- Love the seats
- wish it had a bigger gas tank, but MPG's are sufficient
- Wheels look great
- I've only seen maybe 4 other RL's around my area and/or even the state, so rarity factor I like.
- Been pretty economic so far

So far so good!!!!
2006 Vue RedLine.
Hoagrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #19
Routs
Routs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vue in Ontario View Post
What?????????

surely it wasn't just me that read that wrong

Routs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
termite
termite is a jewel in the roughtermite is a jewel in the roughtermite is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

In my '03, I like that you can rest your arm on the nice flat window sill when the window is open.
It's GOOD to have a spare!
termite is offline   Reply With Quote