|06-24-2006, 06:29 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Changing brake pads on Vue
Since I can not find anything from the search on how to change the front brake pads, here is a quick write up.
This is the easiest thing I have ever done...seriously, it takes longer to take off the tires than to change the front pads.
1. Take the tires off
2. There are two bolts in the back of the caliper. Remove these two bolts.
3. Pull the caliper off of the pads and rotor. NOTE: this is attached to the brake line. just sit it on the control arm.
4. There is a pad on both sides of the rotor held in place by two metal "springs". Pull the front pad off.
5. Clean the metal springs that were holding the old pad in.
6. put the brake pad grease stuff from your local automotive shop on the metal springs and the back of the pad. This prevents squealing/squeaking.
7. Slide the front pad back into place. You may need a screwdriver to push the metal spring down around the pad.
8. Same thing for the back pad. Pull it out, clean the springs, grease the springs and back of pad. put it back in place.
9. Take a C-clamp and push the pistons back in on the caliper. there will be two unless you have aftermarket brakes. once they are fully depressed, place the caliper back on top of the pads. (have someone watch the brake fluid level to be sure that it will not over flow once you depress the pistons)
10. align the screw holes and screw those suckers back in.
11. Put the tire back on.
12. Repeat on the other side.
Easy as pie and there is no need to bleed the brakes, unless you start feeling sponge.
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Changing brake pads myself: difficulty level?||mmj12345||Aura General||28||06-19-2015 10:33 AM|
|Changing Disc brake pads||Kal||S-Series Tech||14||12-05-2006 02:43 PM|
|Changing Brake Pads||Spartan Dan||L-Series General||5||01-31-2006 09:45 PM|
|help changing brake pads||buddyc||S-Series Tech||1||11-06-2003 11:29 PM|
|Changing brake pads||92 SL 5speed||S-Series Tech||28||05-03-2003 09:20 PM|