SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
amina516
amina516 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan
1999 SL2
Mad Bad luck for me..

Hey..i know i dont really know anyone here but i needed to share my pain with you folk..The 99 SL2 that I just bought 9 days ago was SMASHED into a telephone pole as it sat parked in front of my house at 2 am. It is completeley totaled.. The drunk also hit 4 other cars but mine got it the worst. I am so totally speechless and so very pissed.... I guess i wont be posting here for anymore car questions.. I really did grow to love that car in the week that i had it...this sucks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to amina516's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help amina516 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
amina516 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
cyphik
cyphik is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2
Default Re: Bad luck for me..

Make His/Her Drunk@$$ pay you in many currencies and denominations of cash, checks, pain, daughters (can you tell I'm a dude? ), etc. Good luck (sound like it's due).

Drew 94 SL2 5spd 145,032 (mi)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cyphik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cyphik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cyphik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Just buy another one there is at least 3 others on this board looking to replace their smashed Saturns. Just 'cause your Saturn bit the big one, doesn't mean you have to ditch us, and the brand like a dirty shirt.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
amina516

2006 ION-2 Sedan
1999 SL2

aww..you guys make me feel all warm inside..lol.. I already started looking for a new saturn..the dealer here is offering brand new Ion 2' s for just 149 a month and its not a lease...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help amina516 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:04 PM   #5
rugevit
rugevit is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2

maybe the one that hit yours can put some money into getting you that new one

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rugevit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rugevit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rugevit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #6
amina516

2006 ION-2 Sedan
1999 SL2
Thumbs Up Re: Bad luck for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugevit
maybe the one that hit yours can put some money into getting you that new one

THe insurance company called it a "total loss" so, I guess they give me back the car's value.. Can I get more anyone know, for a better car?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-28-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
cyphik

1994 SL2

Claim permanent psychological damage, due to constant ringing in your ears - pain in your neck - and numbness in your toes on occasion . It can work with a good lawyer and get you a new car.

Drew

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help cyphik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:16 PM   #8
cyphik

1994 SL2

You were sitting on the hood when it happened, right?......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #9
redkees@msn.com
redkees@msn.com is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
2008 AURA XE

So sorry to hear about your loss.
Sue the driver's insurance company, sometimes things work out for the best.
When you get your new Saturn post a pic or two here...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to redkees@msn.com's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help redkees@msn.com reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
redkees@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
rugevit

1994 SL2

hmmmm...was a drunk driver that did the damage? if it was....talk to a lawyer and slap them with a civil suit...and so on...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help rugevit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #11
dp97sc2
dp97sc2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugevit
hmmmm...was a drunk driver that did the damage? if it was....talk to a lawyer and slap them with a civil suit...and so on...
well I don't see on what grounds? was he hurt/in the vehicle? Im dealing with back and neck pains every day due to being rear ended by a drunken driver. This numbskull was over 3 times the legal limit. my life has been screwed up for years (didn't graduate college, lost jobs, lost out on home loans, chronic pain, depressed). Don't get me wrong the guy should get every $ coming to him from insurance to replace his totaled saturn but a lawsuit is a rediculous suggestion if he wasn't hurt.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dp97sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dp97sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dp97sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:02 AM   #12
94sc295sl2
94sc295sl2 is on a distinguished road

Location: spring hill tennessee (the motherland) sterling heights michigan native

1997 SL2
1994 SL1

sorry to hear of your loss

remember that cars are built by robots built by human hands and are prone to failure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 94sc295sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 94sc295sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
94sc295sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #13
rugevit

1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp97sc2
well I don't see on what grounds? was he hurt/in the vehicle? Im dealing with back and neck pains every day due to being rear ended by a drunken driver. This numbskull was over 3 times the legal limit. my life has been screwed up for years (didn't graduate college, lost jobs, lost out on home loans, chronic pain, depressed). Don't get me wrong the guy should get every $ coming to him from insurance to replace his totaled saturn but a lawsuit is a rediculous suggestion if he wasn't hurt.
true...but drunk drivers should learn to pay...most dont...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #14
RangerRover
RangerRover is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2
1994 SL2

There was a guy on the news here recently that has had 11 DUI convictions. And still has his licence. Makes you wonder.. I am a firm beliver in ONE strike you are out - playing with peoples lives has NO excuse. PERIOD. Around here its seems like they like the 3 strike rule.. Thats 3 times too many behind the wheel drunk.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RangerRover's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RangerRover reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RangerRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #15
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Try telling that to the alcohol lobby, which has been the major factor in why / how people are allowed to hold onto their driver's licenses after so many DUI convictions. Here in WI, they're represented by a group with a nice warm fuzzy name, the "Tavern League". And they spend a lot of money on politicians. And crashes by people with multiple DUIs is a BIG problem here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #16
rugevit

1994 SL2

that kind of stuff does make a person wonder....one time is definately one time too many...i dunno how they can justify letting a person still have their liscences after that many DUI...if you drink and drive and are caught...you should pay the consequences...and that right there is a slap on the wrist and a slap in the face to those who dont do that stuff..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #17
amina516

2006 ION-2 Sedan
1999 SL2
Red Face Re: Bad luck for me..

The lady that totally smashed my car was DRUNK and hit 4 other cars after she hit mine (totaled 2 of them) and then jumped out of her Chevy astro TANK (van..lol) and ran down the street..luckily I live across from a hospital and the security ran her down..No one was in any of the cars ,it was 2 am and most were sleeping.
But now im having Insurance problems...I paid a total of $6300 for the SL2 just 10 days ago and my insurance wants to give me $4755 with a possibility of getting $500 more (my deductible) back once they get it from her insurance. How do I get more??!!?? Im out almost $1500 bucks!! Anyone have experience with this and can help me??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #18
amina516

2006 ION-2 Sedan
1999 SL2

I also posted some pics of the wrecked car in my gallery..check em out.. theyre not too heartbreaking....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #19
DarrylLeeOHS30
Advanced Member
DarrylLeeOHS30 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
2001 SL2

just saw the pics. I would get what I could out of the insurance and then what ever is left over I would sue her personally for the rest of the damages. (maybe you could work up some tears and get awarded emotional damage too.. )

-Darryl

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DarrylLeeOHS30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DarrylLeeOHS30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DarrylLeeOHS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:06 AM   #20
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina516
The lady that totally smashed my car was DRUNK and hit 4 other cars after she hit mine (totaled 2 of them) and then jumped out of her Chevy astro TANK (van..lol) and ran down the street..luckily I live across from a hospital and the security ran her down..No one was in any of the cars ,it was 2 am and most were sleeping.
But now im having Insurance problems...I paid a total of $6300 for the SL2 just 10 days ago and my insurance wants to give me $4755 with a possibility of getting $500 more (my deductible) back once they get it from her insurance. How do I get more??!!?? Im out almost $1500 bucks!! Anyone have experience with this and can help me??
Do you have any kind of receipts or paperwork from when you bought it? Because it's less than 2 weeks old, they should be reimbursing you total purchase price. Fight until you get what you paid for it!

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote