SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
mcginnt
mcginnt is on a distinguished road

Dizzy help. i broke my saturn...

i just got into an accident today and my front right end of my car...

so basically i need a new hood, head lamps (full) bumper, both side fenders and radiator... more once i rip the broken peices out....

i just had a couple questions if anyone knows what i can do...

i was thinking of finding a custom bumper (but i dont know where) and new peices and put it back to gether. does anyone know any place i can get a bumper that will fit, maybe a different one where i can change the flip head lamps to regular lights...

my car is a 1994 saturn sc2. interior is in good condition and i just dropped a new (new used) engine in it so i think its worth it to keep...

any suggestions please let me know..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mcginnt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mcginnt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
SaturnTech
SaturnTech is on a distinguished road

Default Re: help. i broke my saturn...

where are you located??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnTech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnTech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
mcginnt

im in suffern, new york, 10901.

its in rockland county like 30 mins from the city.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mcginnt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #4
mcginnt

here is a link to my site... theres a link in the most recent post that goes to the images of my car that i just took...

http://infinitetwo.com/alone/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #5
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2

You might be better off finding a cheap donor car for its parts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:55 PM   #6
Derwood3285
Derwood3285 is on a distinguished road

1992 SC2

Yeah, like he said, you need to find yourself a donor car to go through and find your pieces\broken parts. If you can't get or don't want to get a full car, take a look at your local junk yard for a car you can pull most if not all of the parts off of.

as for a custom bumper, if you're looking for a kit, you can find one at andysautosport.com. they have a couple of decent looking kits out there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Derwood3285's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Derwood3285 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #7
mcginnt

any place for new hoods for a saturn?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-15-2005, 12:48 AM   #8
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

Not sure how good this is, but Auto Zone is now in the process of being able to sell body parts from recyclers. I was told, if you wreck your rear end, and if they locate it, the rear of a similar model would be disassembled and shipped to your door. If there are problems, you are supposed to be able to ship it back. Auto Zone is the middle man. It may be something you want to check out. The details are at the stores.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:50 AM   #9
flanclan
flanclan is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

From what I can see on the pictures, you are going to want to have your car put on a frame rack.

Your right upper frame rail and upper radiator support are looking pretty bad, and I would guess there was some movement in the right lower frame rail. Over time, this could lead to suspension/alignment issues if not corrected.

In addition, you are going to have to have your airbag system looked at. It's not just a matter of replacing the bag, but it's also going to be a matter of having the entire system checked out. This will need to include the space frame-mounted sensors through to any seatbelts in use at the time the accident occurred.

I almost hate to say it, but I don't think she's gonna make it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to flanclan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help flanclan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2005, 01:23 AM   #10
mcginnt

how about trying to find another saturn same year and model with a good body and just swap the engine and any other usefull things from the broken one... i mean me and my father put that engine in so we know how to do it already...

another thing flanclan, my father is a mechanic (lucky me haha) so he said he could probably fix and straight the medal...

i still dont know what to do.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-15-2005, 01:45 AM   #11
flanclan
flanclan is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

I almost made that same statement about swapping out engines, but I didn't know how presumptive that would be

Bottom line, your car (about 30 seconds before the accident happened) was worth ~2 - 2.5k (that's based upon my 97 sc2 being worth 4k considering mileage), and you would be looking at that cost in parts alone (assuming you can't find parts in your vehicle's color at the local pick-a-part place)

It's good you have access to someone who can straighten out the space frame. That will go a long way in helping out your repairs. For safety's sake, however, your airbag system will need to be checked out.

I couldn't quite tell from the pix, but it seems like your windshield was spared from any damage. I remember when I had the windshield replaced on my 94 SL1 (which I still see once in a while around these parts ... a younger driver now has it ), the glass people told me it was a 1200 part. (Brand X large insurance company really bit it on that one). I can't imagine the windshield's any cheaper on the SC's

Good luck ... hopefully resurrecting your car won't be too bad.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to flanclan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help flanclan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread