SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
John223
John223 is on a distinguished road

Default Two recall notices - RDM & suspension, then suspension - Anyone else?

Originally got a combination RDM/suspension recall then a month later just a suspension recall. Made appointment for both. Called today to confirm and to not do the RDM(thanks to info from this board), and service stated that only the suspension recall was needed for my 04. It was built in August - were the "new" RDMs put on then or retrofitted prior to my purchase in September? Why did I get the recall then???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John223's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John223 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
Tollag
Tollag is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Two recall notices - RDM & suspension, then suspension - Anyone else?

The recall was probably just sent out to all 2002, 2003, and 2004 AWD vues to make it easier. If yours was built in August you probably already had the new RDM. Apparently so.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tollag's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tollag reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2
Default Re: Two recall notices - RDM & suspension, then suspension - Anyone else?

I second that. If I recall correctly, it was in August (I forget the exact date) when they started using the "new and improved" RDM design. If yours isn't moaning and groaning, DON'T LET THEM TOUCH IT! If they are already telling you that you don't need it, then I wouldn't worry about it.

As a side note, my Vue was built way before August (I took delivery over a year ago), and I at one time received the letter about both recalls, but recently I have only received a letter about the Rear Lateral Link recall. It seems that with all the noise being created over the decrease in performance, they have ceased the RDM recall.

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #4
RicksVue
RicksVue is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollag
The recall was probably just sent out to all 2002, 2003, and 2004 AWD vues to make it easier. If yours was built in August you probably already had the new RDM. Apparently so.
I've got a 2003 AWD V6. I did not receive a recall notice for the RDM.
The retailer offered to do the suspension link recall when I last had the VUE in for service, but they haven't mentioned the RDM. I'm sorta hoping to keep the one that works, so no argument.

-Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RicksVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RicksVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #5
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

Are these recall notices comming from spring hill or the local retailer?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread