SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > How-To Library
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #1
swilroy
swilroy is on a distinguished road

Wrench Replacing Serpentine Belt on 2000 LW2

At first I was a little nervous about attempting this without some engine harness.
I first made sure my car was on level ground - in my garage.
Then I used my jack and a plank of wood to support the engine once I remove the motor mounts on the left side.
I positioned the jack and plank under the oil pan near the drain plug.
Next I removed the some of the intake system:
air filter
air box
There you will see the motor mount - 3 bolts attach it to the frame of the car and 3 bolt attach to the engine.
I first started to remove the 3 bolts that are attaching to the engine. While you are removing the bolts you will see it's spreading apart. You will need to start jacking up the engine a little at a time so you can re-install the motor mount when finished. I went very slowly and look my time...
* The idea of the engine not lining up with the holes made me sweet profusely
One the 3 bolt are removed and the engine isn't on the floor and then removed the 3 bolt that attached the motor mount to the frame.
I went ahead and removed the metal piece that looked that had the same color as the motor mount so it would be easy for me to install the serpentine belt.
*PS saturnparts.com has an excellent price of the belt or you can buy one from your local auto parts store.
Now you will need to use a wrench with a long handle (for torch reasons) and attach to the tensioner pulley above the alternator. - near the firewall
Once you have some slack due to the tensioner pulley at the same time remove the belt off the alternator.
Now we can remove the whole belt.
Installing the belt is pretty simple - make sure you have the grooves facing down and spin the wheels to make sure everything is lined up correctly.
I had some difficulty lining up the motor mount holes, but with some force and help from another human I did it...
Well I hope that helped..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swilroy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swilroy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
swilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links