SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 11:37 PM   #1
midlifecrisis
midlifecrisis is on a distinguished road

Default Redline BULLetin Board

Glad to see this has turned into a *#@ch session for Redline owners. Go ahead and censor me again Charlie. I'm totally happy with my ION QC3. Because I take care of it and know what the heck I'm doing, and do a little research first, before slapping on every mod that makes me look and sound cool. There's wisdom in MLC Motorsports, something most of you will have to live 25+ years to attain. LOL!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to midlifecrisis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help midlifecrisis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
Aeain
Advanced Member
Aeain is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

Wow this is a board for the ION's just like there is one for the VUE if you don't like it leave. Simple as that.

Most people on here are very happy with there Red Lines. I have yet to ***** about it (except when it didn't come in when I was told mine would come in)

Your name is midlifecrisis, I'd hope you'd have the maturity to not post about us Red Line owners. I could make the same post about some regular ION owners. But do I? No. I have the maturity not to. I might be 16 but I know that somethings are just stupid. Like I said before if you don't like it....Leave.

Andrew
2004 ION Red Line

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aeain's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aeain reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:13 AM   #3
TXRLU
Advanced Member
TXRLU is on a distinguished road

Hmmm could he sound anymore jealous? The funny thing is I've seen some regular Ions from some of these members (not his though) and wish mine looked like theirs. I think this will be my last post on a thread initiated by Midlifecrisis. He seems to post nothing but negative posts and they're not even funny negative posts. Well Midlife, here's to hoping you learn to control your jealousy, although I must admit the jealous types are always good for a laugh or two.

LPE CAI
Ported TB
160* Thermostat
Diablo-Sport Tune
353HP@5800RPM & 348lb-ft tq@4500RPM Dynojet run 01/23/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXRLU's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXRLU reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 04:55 PM   #4
matt
matt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by TXRLU
Hmmm could he sound anymore jealous?
My thoughts exactly. I guess I would be jealous too if I had a plain ION. No offence regualr ION owners.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to matt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help matt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 05:32 PM   #5
GBreed
GBreed is on a distinguished road

No offence taken ^_^.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GBreed's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GBreed reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 05:49 PM   #6
Caprice
Advanced Member
Caprice is on a distinguished road

~ Simplicity is Beauty.
"Who needs electronic locks and windows, power steering, or automatic sliding
doors if you can trade it all for a little excersise and some spare change?"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Caprice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Caprice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #7
midlifecrisis

Negative? hardly. Jealous? Of what? The newbies are not aware of all the posts and pics I've put up detailing installs of AEM-CAI, 3ARacing Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Painted Mirrors, etc. all done by myself. I respect few here, Jaseball, jimitee, and the Saturn techs. The rest is just drivel, which I find myself reading less of these days. No more input from me. Fumble through your mods yourself, waste money, or have Daddy pay for it. Oh, I just got it, jealous of a QC3 with racing seats, different nose, a blower (that's appropriate), wheels, and stiffer suspension, that's overpriced and gets 25mpg! Yeah Right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help midlifecrisis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 06:48 PM   #8
Caprice
Advanced Member
Caprice is on a distinguished road

You are very full of yourself aren't you Midlife?

~ Simplicity is Beauty.
"Who needs electronic locks and windows, power steering, or automatic sliding
doors if you can trade it all for a little excersise and some spare change?"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Caprice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Caprice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #9
midlifecrisis

Sorry I spelled your name wrong jmettee on the post. How come all you high payed psychologists are buying Saturns?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-07-2004, 08:36 PM   #10
Aeain
Advanced Member

2004 ION Red Line

I believe midlifecrisis's shot about daddy paying for my mods was meant for me. If so I have something to tell you. My dad is paying for my Red Line yet any mods I want to do will have to wait atleast 2 years(most likely 3 years) and I must pay him back $6,000 of the Red Line to come to the price of my sister L100 he bought her.

This is a message board that is supposed to help people and discuss ALL Saturns models. Not just centered around you and how your a god when it comes to mods or whatever.

The newbies are not aware of your posts (me being somewhat of one) because you don't post much.

BTW this sounds like a ***** session by you. If you don't care to help people then please leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Andrew
2004 ION Red Line

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Aeain reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:09 PM   #11
jmettee
jmettee is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by midlifecrisis
Sorry I spelled your name wrong jmettee on the post.
It's alright....it's spelled wrong all the time at work, on mail, etc.

Well, let me get my $.02 in here.

I'm 26, married to a great girl, good job, nice house, bought my first brand new car in April 2003....my Ion QC3, manual with the basics on the 3 level.

I was so tempted over the year at trading up to the RL when it arrived. I fell in love with my QC & kept getting excited until I thought about how much I would lose, but the RL would be so much more fun!

Then I really thought about it....the purchase (over my $14,200 I paid for the QC3 & depreciation), the insurance increase, the fuel economy, current gas prices, oil cost, tire cost, no traction control (I think) .....etc.

For me, I drive 60 miles round trip for work.....so as a daily driver, common sense eventually won based on all the additional costs over the standard Ion. I'm not getting a RL.

Looking back, if I would have waited & wanted to spend about $25k.....I may be driving something other than a Saturn now. I absolutely love my QC, but If I had the money & waited for the RL.....I would have also been looking at a WRX, RX-8, Dodge Stratus R/T, Grand-Am SC/T, or Saab 9-2x. Out of that list, it would probably have been the Saab or the RX-8.

I have no regrets. But I am not jealous either. I'm glad people like their RLs....it sounds better than my QC3. Hell, I'd love just to have those seats in my car.

For the record, I do remember a fair amount of ******ing about the RL, mainly about the temporary sale-stoppage due to the fuel rail. It needed to be done, but there were quite a few whining posts about:

-Missing Mesh Screen in Front Facia
-RL Spoiler/High Wing
-RL Gas Mileage
-RL Gas Type
-RL Oil

Not to offend anyone in particular, but I did take notice of some complaint/argument posts dealing mostly with the above posts. Didn't bother me though....I just stopped reading them or didn't respond.

Thanks for reading.
J

2003 SATURN Ion QC3m
"Giggity Giggity Goo" -Quagmire

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmettee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmettee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #12
Aeain
Advanced Member

2004 ION Red Line

Gas Mileage and Oil were started by non-Red Line owners I believe. Feel free to correct me If I am wrong.

Andrew
2004 ION Red Line

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #13
jmettee
jmettee is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeain
Gas Mileage and Oil were started by non-Red Line owners I believe. Feel free to correct me If I am wrong.
Not sure....just listing a few that I remembered some sort of complaint, disagreement, and/or bitter arguement.

The RL is a cool car....I hope to drive one while waiting for my car to be inspected in 2 weeks. Just want to see how much different it is.....will hopefully be impressed....

J

2003 SATURN Ion QC3m
"Giggity Giggity Goo" -Quagmire

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmettee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmettee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:33 PM   #14
Aeain
Advanced Member

2004 ION Red Line

I am very happy with my Red Line. Just need to get some miles on it.

Andrew
2004 ION Red Line

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-07-2004, 10:55 PM   #15
washamur
washamur is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

As jmettee said, I also was wanting a RedLine ... preferrably a silver one. After driving one (Black) I decided that's what I wanted to do.

Then the numbers starting coming in ... payment increase, insurance increase, stree increase .. etc.

The funny thing is while I was waiting for my dealer to bring me the number, quite a few of the other dealers came over and asked me "why in the world was I getting rid of my ION" .. even if it was for the RL.

That was enough to convince me to keep mine ... I'm adding stuff I WANT little by little ... and I've been happy with my decision thus far.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to washamur's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help washamur reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:09 PM   #16
midlifecrisis

WOW!, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Just trying to stimulate conversation and see where peoples heads are at. I'm all about fun. Thanx for the input jmettee and washamur that's the kind of response that can help someone elses decision making. Now I'm going to go sit in my car in the garage, with the windows down and the motor running. Nighty-night!

Last edited by midlifecrisis; 07-07-2004 at 11:22 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread