SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Relay > Relay General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 11:33 AM   #1
Leo
Leo is on a distinguished road

Question What will the price range of the Relay be?

With Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, and Saturn carrying the same basic minivans, I wonder how the price brackets are going to be layed out for each and where Saturn will fit in?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2003, 11:22 PM   #2
ChrisION
ChrisION is on a distinguished road

I've been asking the same thing. My guess is that it's going to start around $19,000 since the Saturn version of the four is going to be the value model aimed at "budget-minded" customers. It will probably top off somewhere around $24,000 with power sliding doors, etc. It will most likely be priced just about the same as the VUE.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChrisION's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChrisION reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-04-2003, 12:41 AM   #3
FL ION BY
FL ION BY is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

How will they compare to their sibling GM vans in price, and how will they expect to sell haggle versions accross the street and no haggle ones at Saturn? How will this pricing work with different sales techniques (haggle vs no-haggle)? I see a problem there.

Previous Saturn cars: 1993 SL2 Blue/Green, 1999 SC1 2-Door Dark Blue, 2003 ION3 Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FL ION BY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FL ION BY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-04-2003, 12:37 PM   #4
Xanatos
Xanatos is on a distinguished road

For some reason, it appears that GM is trying to aim Saturn a little bit above Chevrolet. Almost like a budget Buick.

I think the Saturn may be about as much as the Chevy, maybe a little higher, but have more standard features and be a little more upscale.

Who knows tho eh?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xanatos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xanatos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-04-2003, 07:06 PM   #5
SLCN
SLCN is on a distinguished road

The Saturn will probably be priced starting around $20,995 and move up to around $31,000 on the high-end. It will stick its nose just above the new Chevy, but below the Buick. I'd assume that it would have an MSRP just slightly above where you would expect to negotiate the Chevy. Say a loaded out DVD Chevy could be bought after negotiations for around $29,250(before rebates)...the Saturn may be priced at $29,950 (Before rebates).

GM knows exactly how much consumers are willing to pay for the no-hassle, no-haggle experience.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-04-2003, 08:20 PM   #6
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Xanatos
For some reason, it appears that GM is trying to aim Saturn a little bit above Chevrolet. Almost like a budget Buick.
I say, I say, I say (new) Olds!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread