SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
billr
Master Member
billr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to all

Default Starter gears

Does anybody know the pitch and PA of those?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2019, 10:19 PM   #2
billr
Master Member
billr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to allbillr is a name known to all

Default Re: Starter gears

Cancel this, I have what I need.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help billr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #3
billr
Master Member

Anybody have an old flex-plate or flywheel they will part with for little-to-no cost? I am mostly after the ring gear, and it doesn't have to be perfect, just usable with no missing teeth. A flex would be better, lighter and less of the "disk" for me to have to machine off.

I am in ZIP 94596, but shipping costs from another area are probably low enough for me to get it long distance.

Yes, I know these can be had from a JY, but not too interested in that route. (time, cost, inconvenience, mud, etc)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-22-2019, 01:47 AM   #4
colonelhogan44
Master Member
colonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of light

1998 SL2

I may still have a couple kicking around. Ever get down to Fresno?

MechE - I make things!

EGR ADAPTERS AVAILABLE! $30 "reverse" $40 standard

1998 SL2 (gone, never forgotten)
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD
1987 Mercedes 300D
1993 Tracker 4x4
1996 Tracker 4x4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to colonelhogan44's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help colonelhogan44 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
colonelhogan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by billr View Post
Anybody have an old flex-plate or flywheel they will part with for little-to-no cost? I am mostly after the ring gear, and it doesn't have to be perfect, just usable with no missing teeth. A flex would be better, lighter and less of the "disk" for me to have to machine off.

I am in ZIP 94596, but shipping costs from another area are probably low enough for me to get it long distance.

Yes, I know these can be had from a JY, but not too interested in that route. (time, cost, inconvenience, mud, etc)
Heya.. I used to live in Pt Reyes Station back in the mid 1980s. Much fun..

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2 x 2 yellow
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #6
billr
Master Member

CH44,

I don't go that way, and you no longer "commute" up I-5 by Woodland to the Pacific NW, do you? Check and see what you have, shipping should be reasonable if you are willing to bother. I would sent you a check ahead of time so you know you won't get "stiffed". Another possibility is a firm I work with that makes daily runs to Bakersfield; just don't know yet how to do a transfer that would be easy for all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-22-2019, 05:39 PM   #7
colonelhogan44
Master Member
colonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of lightcolonelhogan44 is a glorious beacon of light

1998 SL2

I don't commute anymore. If I recall correctly, we met up and you gave me some spikes spiders. I'll look around and If I can find one, I'll give it to you for the cost of shipping it (probably $10 or so)

MechE - I make things!

EGR ADAPTERS AVAILABLE! $30 "reverse" $40 standard

1998 SL2 (gone, never forgotten)
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD
1987 Mercedes 300D
1993 Tracker 4x4
1996 Tracker 4x4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to colonelhogan44's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help colonelhogan44 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
colonelhogan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
billr
Master Member

OK, keep me advised. Are you in Fresno itself, or "nearby"?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!