SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
Leonard1818
Leonard1818 will become famous soon enoughLeonard1818 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default New Vehicle

So what is everyone moving on to AFTER the Vue?

We just made a new vehicle purchase. For a long time, we've been saving up to buy the next segment up from the Vue (3 rows) but then recently, my wife indicated that she may be OK with another vue-like vehilcle if it means we can pay off some other, minor debt and start saving for a new roof on our house. I jumped at this and we went shopping.

we ended up with a 2013 Toyota Rav4 Limited in "Spruce Mica" (dark dark green).

We still have our Vue and now it's a matter of sell or keep. I wouldn't mind keeping it as an extra, but we already have a 2001 grand am that has been my beater. The Grand AM isn't worth anything so I think if we're going to sell something it should be the Vue as it could still have some value.

Anyway, it's still a bit up in the air as to whether we'll keep or sell, so I may be around a bit longer (probably a lot if we keep it) but I may disappear to Rav4world.

Here are a few crappy pics:

(yes, the Rav is GREEN)

My wife driving off showroom

And here's a pic of the whole fleet (I need to sell a car or two):

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leonard1818's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leonard1818 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Leonard1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: New Vehicle

I dig that color. A buddy at work has a Tundra in a similar color.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

All Toyota dealers seem to have the same design.
I don't see many Limiteds around me

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Congrats! The RAV4 is a nice vehicle. They are running $189 a month leases in the DC area on 2013's. Is yours a 6 or 4 cylinder? I think that they are going back to 4 cylinder only to improve their CAFE average.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #5
Leonard1818
Leonard1818 will become famous soon enoughLeonard1818 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
I dig that color. A buddy at work has a Tundra in a similar color.
Thanks! We do too. It almost looks black when there's not a lot of light. Never thought I'd get a green car... I like to switch it up though and not buy the same color that we just had. I liked the pearl white ones but my wife's vue is white so we didn't want white. Plus with the amout of hideous plastic on the Rav4, we needed a darker color that would blend better. That front fang-looking plastic underbite is one of the ugliest designs I've seen in a while... the green helps to offset/blend the ugliness. I intend to get some new detailing stuff and really go to town on it this spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
All Toyota dealers seem to have the same design.
I don't see many Limiteds around me
They do. As do Honda dealers. The limiteds are on lease/finance special (at least the '13s are) which is why you probably don't see too many of them... maybe they're gone in your area. We got 0.9% financing and some cash incentive. We still overpaid by nearly $1000 according to the deals people are posting on the internets. Sore spot for me, but w/e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Congrats! The RAV4 is a nice vehicle. They are running $189 a month leases in the DC area on 2013's. Is yours a 6 or 4 cylinder? I think that they are going back to 4 cylinder only to improve their CAFE average.
You're right, they did away with the V6 (AND the 3rd row option). We would have loved for a V6 and 3rd row option. That's the one thing we'll miss most about the Vue is the more powerful engine. The 2.5L 4cyl does just fine in the Rav though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leonard1818's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leonard1818 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Leonard1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:32 AM   #6
nickson
nickson is on a distinguished road

Congrats on your new ride! Love the color. Any future mod plans for it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nickson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nickson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

I had one as a rental in San Diego last week. Quite frankly, I hated it. It definitely felt like a VUE- the interior felt cheap and the seats sucked. With polarized sunglasses, the entertainment screen is nearly impossible to read. What should be a quick glance at it turns into an extended what-the-hell-does-that-thing-say stare. The shifter is excessively gated- going into or out of PARK is a total pain in the butt. I don't know which trim level it was- I didn't really care enough to burn the required calories to look.

Side note- with my right foot planted to the floor on the gas and using only my left foot on the brake to modulate speed, there seems to be a point where the throttle is cut as more brake pressure is applied. Finding that threshold is a fun way to pass time while stuck in slow traffic.

Not a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom92SCm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom92SCm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #8
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom92SCm View Post
Side note- with my right foot planted to the floor on the gas and using only my left foot on the brake to modulate speed, there seems to be a point where the throttle is cut as more brake pressure is applied. Finding that threshold is a fun way to pass time while stuck in slow traffic.
Another reason to never buy an ex-rental car, lol.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote