SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
JD140
JD140 is on a distinguished road

Default Bright green retainer

I just finished washing the engine compartment on my '09 Astra and found a bright green 3/4 round retainer approximately 1" in diameter. It was lying on the ground on the drivers side of the car. Does anybody know where it goes?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JD140's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JD140 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
smwalker
smwalker has a spectacular aura aboutsmwalker has a spectacular aura aboutsmwalker has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Bright green retainer

Thinking it might be a bulb retainer? Check the back of your fog lights/headlamps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to smwalker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help smwalker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
smwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
JD140

Can't see anything in that area. It was laying beside the drivers door, so it might have come from somewhere at the lower back of part of the engine compartment. I have a picture of it but I'm not sure how to post it on here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help JD140 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
smwalker
smwalker has a spectacular aura aboutsmwalker has a spectacular aura aboutsmwalker has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Do not think you can do a link till you get a few more posts. You can attach it in a reply, look for the paper clip.

Or email it to me I will post: cssabmtablet@gmail.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help smwalker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
JD140

I hope this works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (89.4 KB, 33 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
JD140

I just found another one when I moved the car. I think they might be for the connectors where the hoses attach to the heater core by the firewall. Can anybody confirm this for me? Not sure how they are supposed to fit if they do go there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
JD140

Upon closer inspection it looks like they're actually broken, that's why they flew off when I was washing the engine compartment. I'm guessing the heater core must have been replaced on warranty by the original owner and these rings were broken at that time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
smwalker

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD140 View Post
I just found another one when I moved the car. I think they might be for the connectors where the hoses attach to the heater core by the firewall. Can anybody confirm this for me? Not sure how they are supposed to fit if they do go there.
Yup JD I can confirm I looked right on the heater hose connection and there were two of them just hanging out on the pipes. Not doing anything, just resting there. They must of held something in place on the hose and just break away once it is attached to it's fitting. Moved them a bit and they just flopped off. Also in a semi circle like you have pictured, so I do not think those are broken. Just made that way.

So with the reduced weight I picked up a tenth in the quarter mile

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
JD140

Haha, thanks for helping out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!