SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
pjkovie
pjkovie is on a distinguished road

Default Please Clarify 10 Minute \ 30 Minute Reset Settings

The 2001 L200 has 4 key positions "Off - Acc - Run - Start". Does the "On" key position mean the "Acc" or the "Run" position? Both the 10 and 30 minute procedure say the "On" position of which there is none. I have read and searched here for the last few hours to try to find a solution to a RKE problem, but have not found anything definitive. I have replaced the batteries in both fobs (originals) - tried the lock + unlock syncing to no avail. Cleaned the inside contacts and still no go. This vehicle has 34K miles on it.
Some back-round info on the car and why I believe that I may have a BCM problem. This car belongs to my elderly Aunt who has not driven it in almost a year. I have borrowed it two times in the past while my vehicle was in for service. The last time that I borrowed it a few months ago, While I was driving up the road, the horn started blowing like the alarm was going off. This lasted for a few minutes and then just stopped. Last week I needed to take her to the doctor and the fob barley unlocked the door - I had to hold the button very close to the door for a long time before it unlocked. Now, a few days later, they don't work at all.
I think that perhaps the multi-minute resets may help, but there is no "On" key position and I would like to be correct when I am attempting this procedure. I have not tried to remove any fuses yet and not sure if I should try this option first. Some of the posts said to try this as a last resort. The car starts and runs fine and I do not want to make matters worse just for remote door locks. It does not have the security light on while starting - it lights normal (steady)when the key is in the "run" position.
Can anyone define the "On" key position for the resets. Also, has anyone heard of anything like this before and any suggestions will be very much welcomed. Thanks and sorry for being so long-winded.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pjkovie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pjkovie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pjkovie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
DigitalSaturns
DigitalSaturns is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Please Clarify 10 Minute \ 30 Minute Reset Settings

Another novel of useless information just to ask one simple question.

Turn the key all the way to start and let go. Your now in the "ON" position. You know just like when you start the car, it's "ON".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DigitalSaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DigitalSaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DigitalSaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
pjkovie

Thanks for defining "On" is "RUN". I hope u r correct.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help pjkovie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
btrautman
btrautman is on a distinguished road

If you are having BCM problems, replace it and save yourself the frustration.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to btrautman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help btrautman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
btrautman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
pjkovie

Thanks for the feedback. What I was looking for was clarification and some possible remedies to my trouble with the RKE. What it has been doing the last few days is that it will work to open the locks once in the morning and may or may not lock the doors in the morning. Then it does not work for the rest of the day.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!