SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
mechanic380
mechanic380 is on a distinguished road

Default Massive oil leak

I am having trouble finding good images of my engine. I am sure you all can help. I have an 04 L series with a 2.2l. Behind the intake manifold, above the oil pan, and below the head gasket there is a massive leak, added 1 qt 1/2 qt came out just cranking. If you know of anything in this area that could cause a massive leak please let me know. I don't want to pull the intake if it is something I can do without that. There is another seam in between the head and oil pan, it appears to be coming from above that on a lip area. again any advice would be appreciated. Crosses fingers in the hopes its not a major repair.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mechanic380's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mechanic380 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mechanic380 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
mechanic380
mechanic380 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Massive oil leak

OUCH pulled the intake, really easy, and found a large crack in the block. Lesson learned never buy a vehicle without cranking it, no matter how cheap! Any advice from here? car is not in great shape I would guess its time to scrap it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mechanic380's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mechanic380 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mechanic380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
mattachuz
Advanced Member
mattachuz is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic380 View Post
OUCH pulled the intake, really easy, and found a large crack in the block. Lesson learned never buy a vehicle without cranking it, no matter how cheap! Any advice from here? car is not in great shape I would guess its time to scrap it.
rebuild the engine, these cars are amazing

mi: 199,xxx

trips:

X = dest
O = ON way

home- Clovis, ca

Pismo Beach: xx
Morro Bay: oo
San Francisco: x
Los Angeles: ooo
Anahiem (disneyland): xxx
Tulare: o,(x-atleast 15)
Visalia: x

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mattachuz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mattachuz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mattachuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
midway
midway is a jewel in the roughmidway is a jewel in the roughmidway is a jewel in the rough

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Time to visit the parts recycling house and get another engine so you will have a not cracked block to rebuild, who knows you might even get a really good engine. If your block is cracked I would not trust it, leaking outside there could be an inside leak somewhere.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to midway's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help midway reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
midway is offline   Reply With Quote