SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Jyounya
Jyounya is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Default 97 Sat. SC2...Batt. died, now it wont start...alarm goes off

I left my lights on last night, which drained my battery. I tried to push start it this morning and it would not start. I called my neighbor over to jump start it. When we connected the jumper cables to both cars my alarm went off. I could not turn my alarm off with the key fob. it eventually went off after about 30 seconds. When I turn the key to start the car nothing happens...no clicks, starter doesn't turn. We push my saturn down a hill to push start it and it would not start. My battery is 2 months old. Can anyone give me a tip, I have checked the forums here and I am gonna try the 10 minute override where you keep the key turned to the on position for 10 minutes. Please help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jyounya's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jyounya reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jyounya is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2
Default Re: 97 Sat. SC2...Batt. died, now it wont start...alarm goes off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyounya View Post
I left my lights on last night, which drained my battery. I tried to push start it this morning and it would not start. I called my neighbor over to jump start it. When we connected the jumper cables to both cars my alarm went off. I could not turn my alarm off with the key fob. it eventually went off after about 30 seconds. When I turn the key to start the car nothing happens...no clicks, starter doesn't turn. We push my saturn down a hill to push start it and it would not start. My battery is 2 months old. Can anyone give me a tip, I have checked the forums here and I am gonna try the 10 minute override where you keep the key turned to the on position for 10 minutes. Please help.
the car needs power to fire the plugs. it won't start if the battery's completly dead. charge the battery fully with a charger & it should start...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
Jyounya

1997 SC2

I appreciate your response, however I am convinced that it isn't a battery issue...I with my neighbors car's battery connected to mine, everything worked. I would turn the ignition and nothing would happen...sort of like power wasn't making it's way to the starter. Once my car was connected to my neighbors the alarm started going off...it would honk 30 times then stop. After it stopped, if I opened the drivers door it would go off again. I am convinced there is some security lock that won't allow the ignition to turn. Any advice?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Jyounya reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyounya View Post
I appreciate your response, however I am convinced that it isn't a battery issue...I with my neighbors car's battery connected to mine, everything worked. I would turn the ignition and nothing would happen...sort of like power wasn't making it's way to the starter. Once my car was connected to my neighbors the alarm started going off...it would honk 30 times then stop. After it stopped, if I opened the drivers door it would go off again. I am convinced there is some security lock that won't allow the ignition to turn. Any advice?
yes your alarm has an anti-start feature. i know if you try to use an improper key the car won't start. your remote control won't deactivate the alarm? because the power was interrupted to the car when the battery ws dead you might have to re-set the key remote so the alarm will recognize it gain. there's threads explaining how to do this. do a search...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
Jyounya

1997 SC2

Thanks, I found a thread. The battery is close to dead (alarm horn is very faint). I still jumped the 4 and 8 terminals under the dash and the remote was recognized. I will experiment tomorrow and see if any suggestions worked. Thank you for your responses.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!