SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #21
ReGZ_93
ReGZ_93 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Engine lack of power with DTCs P0011, P0014, P000A, P000B, P0012, P0015 or engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith4477 View Post
On a side note, the guy tried to sell me on throttle body cleaning. He tried to tell me that there were also codes stored related to that, and that it was required after 30,000kms, and mine had not been done yet. First of all my car only has 26,0000kms on it. $69 plus tax. I said thanks, but no thanks. He tried to tell me that the CEL might come back on as a result of my refusal. Sheesh. Everything at the dealer was a positive experience until they pulled that little stunt. Anything to make a buck I guess, but it really leaves a sour taste in my mouth. This was City Buick in Toronto, BTW.
I had mine into the dealer about a month ago, and the Service writer tried to upsell the throttle body and fuel injector cleaning for $200.00.

I told him thanks, but no thanks. I can run some injector cleaner through the tank for less than $10.00, and clean the throttle body for free.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ReGZ_93's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ReGZ_93 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ReGZ_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #22
bliang
bliang is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Engine lack of power with DTCs P0011, P0014, P000A, P000B, P0012, P0015 or engine

This happened previously, and the dealership replaced the solenoids. Finally received this code again this week. This time (new dealer) pulled up the code and is telling me that filter removal is not covered under powertrain warranty. BS if you ask me..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bliang's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bliang reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #23
goob
goob is on a distinguished road

Well my check engine light has come on again (3rd time) and the car is in the shop. The first time was back in 2010 and they replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor. The second time (2011) they removed the Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Oil Filters. This time, I wasn't able to get a code from Onstar since I don't subscribe. Also the person I talked to at the dealership said that if it's a similar issue that it WON'T be covered under the Powertrain Warranty. WTF? Car has lost some power and it sounds like a diesel again.

08 Salsa Red Astra XR 5dr 5spd
Spt Pkg, Prem. Aud. and Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to goob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help goob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #24
goob

Well the dealer just called and they say they need to replace the Intake Solenoid sensor. It's $204.56 and not covered by the Power Train Warranty!
This sux, I'm gonna talk to a GM rep.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to goob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help goob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #25
goob

Sorry, I can't add to or edit my previous post.
I called the service dept. back up and got a part number for this Intake Solenoid sensor (55567050)
Googling it, i found that this is the camshaft positioner actuator solenoid. Well, they remove the oil filters from this thing on my 2nd visit, and now they need to replace this on my 3rd visit and charge me $204.56. The part cost $55 bucks online. What a rip!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to goob's Reputation
Old 06-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
goob

I looked at the warranty manual and on page 4 says that all actuators are included in the Power Train Warranty. Page 18 lists the Camshaft Position Acutator and Camshaft Position Acuator Valve under the Powertrain Control System. I called the service manager this morning and filled him in on this info. He said he had to look into it and he would call me back. He just called to say that yes it is covered and they'll refund me my money back.
Hope this helps others that run into this issue. Code by the way was P0011

Last edited by goob; 06-27-2012 at 11:04 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to goob's Reputation
Old 08-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #27
SPM
SPM is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE

These are the actuators and the valve. Position sensor does not seem to be included

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SPM's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SPM reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #28
Terra Nova
Terra Nova is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReGZ_93 View Post
I had mine into the dealer about a month ago, and the Service writer tried to upsell the throttle body and fuel injector cleaning for $200.00.

I told him thanks, but no thanks. I can run some injector cleaner through the tank for less than $10.00, and clean the throttle body for free.
I had a Motorvac cleaning done a couple of weeks ago...seems ( at least to me ) to be a bit more of a robust cleaning process than simply running some cleaner in your tank.

- 2008 Silver Astra 3dr ' XR ' 5 spd

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Terra Nova's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Terra Nova reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Terra Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #29
lestatnaz
lestatnaz is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Can someone send me a copy of the warranty manual pages that show the cam shaft valves and position acuater are part of the powertrain. Had to pay $350.00 for the repair of this and would like to get refunded. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lestatnaz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lestatnaz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lestatnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #30
lestatnaz

2008 Astra XR

So I picked up my Astra today from the dealer who repaired it. It was the problem with the filters on the cam shaft position acuater valve problem talks so much in the this forum post. Total cost was $350.00 and some cents. I asked to speak to the guy who performed the repair. He showed a few minutes later. I have two questions to ask you I said.

Q. Did I do anything to cause this problem?
A. No, said the serviceman. You did nothing to cause the problem.

Q. What can I do to prevent this from happening again?
A. Nothing sir, was his reply. You did nothing wrong and since we removed the screens you will not have the problem ever again.

I got in my car and left but started thinking. Did he just inadvertently admit to a design flaw in the original manufacturing? The screens were initially put there for a purpose. So what happens to that? If there were to filter something, where does that filtering take place now?

Some have posted that this should be covered by the powertrain warranty. I pulled my warranty booklet out of the glove box and found that all the parts they worked on ARE listed as part the powertrain components.

Does anyone know who I should contact about getting refunded for the work done?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Michael
Tucson, Az

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help lestatnaz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #31
darek_dade
darek_dade is on a distinguished road

Just go back to the dealership and ask them for a refund. That's how I got my money back for a bad wheel bearing in my astra.

09 Astra XR (manual, 3-door)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darek_dade's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darek_dade reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darek_dade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #32
lestatnaz

2008 Astra XR

So I went back to the dealer and was told that since the cam shaft screens were thrown away and not replaced, the power train warranty will not cover the repair. I told them that I should have been given the choice then on how to proceed with the repair. Also, if the given fix for a service engine soon light coming on and causing poor performance IS to throw away the screens, why shouldn't it be covered? I asked them to please phone the warranty people and ask it to be covered AND to provide me with the name and number of the person they speak with. This, again, is another example of why American car manufacturers cannot compete with their foreign competitors. If their goal is to constantly try to rip the customer off, it's no wonder they are losing the car manufacturing business. I will NEVER by another American made motor vehicle!!

Any ideas? Is there a number I can call for the warranty? I will check my manual, but if anyone has a number or a contact, please let me know.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #33
goob

My dealer replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor last month. This is the second replacement, the first time it was replaced was in 4/2010.
My dealer is Central Buick/GMC in Norwood, MA:
This was again covered under warranty.
Maybe your service manager should contact the one at my dealer.
http://www.centralgmcnorwood.com/
His name is John.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to goob's Reputation
Old 10-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #34
lestatnaz

2008 Astra XR

No luck. I have been referred to the head of the customer service department if I have further questions. I was told that they came to me and told me what needed to be done to fix the problem and how much it would cost and I agreed to do it. I think this is very unfair. I was not given the option to replace the screens which would have been covered by the warranty. Anyone have a number for Saturn power train warranty that I can call and complain to. I'm thinking of writing the local paper and news channels as well. Also, gonna file a complaint with the attorney general of Arizona and the BBB.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #35
FooBag
FooBag is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

You need to get someone from GM corporate involved since the reason for the dealer charging you is "the screens weren't there". That is complete crap since there is a TSB that specifically lists removing these screens as the first step in addressing this under warranty. 800-553-6000 is the Saturn contact number; you'll have to work your way through to someone will actually address this situation.

I have the writeup in my hands from the last time my car was in with the lovely P0011 code (9/13/12) and the tech write specifically states "Found 11-06-04-016 (the TSB mentioned right off the bat in this thread). Removed and inspected actuator solenoids & both screens have already been removed..." The writeup continues, but essentially the tech contacted GM corporate for additional ways to try to solve the problem as we had just had the solenoids replaced as well. They ended up replacing more parts int he cam actuator system free of charge. In any case, my point is that the screen removal TSB is still valid so your dealer is screwing you.

2008 Astra XR3
2012 Silverado Crew Cab

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FooBag's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FooBag reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FooBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #36
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

For those of you who have had the screens removed to address a hesitation under acceleration, has the problem ever returned?

I'm at about 38,000 miles, and have noticed for some time that the car seems to have a hitch in its get along in the 2500-4000 rpm range. I've also had the classic stumble as you approach a red light where it feels as though it will stall as soon as you press the clutch.

What I haven't had is a CEL. I want this addressed, but short of a CEL, what can I tell the mechanic? If I have to foot the bill, what will this cost? I have a great tech at the former Saturn dealer (now Kia/Mitsu) that still does Saturn work, but not under warranty. If the price is reasonable, I'd rather have him do it, and I won't wait for the CEL.

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #37
e30astra
e30astra is on a distinguished road

well i'm a noob, dealer just replaced this part cause my engine light came on...

invoice says p0011, need intake cam sol valve, replace to correct

$150

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to e30astra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help e30astra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
e30astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #38
eneloop
eneloop is on a distinguished road

Powertrain warranty ..... Look it up, see what it means. It's really rather simple.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eneloop's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eneloop reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eneloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #39
Saturn4Ever
Saturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the rough

2009 Astra XR

Hi - have any of you who have experienced this issue found a permanent fix?

Just had the dealer replace the intake cam actuator for P0011 and I'm not feeling that the performance issue has been resolved.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn4Ever's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn4Ever reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #40
rsousa
rsousa is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Any sites or pictures of how I get to these solenoids?
Been trying to remove the black cover top but can't manage?

Help, please.
Roger

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rsousa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rsousa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rsousa is offline   Reply With Quote