SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
HECTOR VAZQUEZ
HECTOR VAZQUEZ is on a distinguished road

Default Check engine light on code p000a

HEY FOLKS MY ASTRA WAS IN THE DEALER FOR A WEEK FOR A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. GAVE THE TECHS CODE POOOA. THEY REPLACED THE CAM GEAR. iTWO DAYS LATER CHECK ENGINE CAME ON AGAIN. SO NOW IT IS BACK AT THE DEALER. THEY WILL INSPECT ON MONDAY AND SEE WHAT OTHER CODES IT GIVES. IT ONLY HAS 14, 400 MILES SO FAR.
HECTOR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HECTOR VAZQUEZ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HECTOR VAZQUEZ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HECTOR VAZQUEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
skatethesea
skatethesea is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Check engine light on code p000a

What ever came of this? We just threw a P000A ourselves today. What were the symptoms along with the fault?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skatethesea's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skatethesea reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skatethesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
00PowderSpecial
00PowderSpecial is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

I have a check engine light, abs light, and traction control light all on. It's been in the shop they said it was because of a abs sensor, and they ordered it. That was a week and a half ago. I drove it today and when I started it the speedo went from 0-60 a couple times, radio got louder and quieter and it beeped at me a few times. When driving along in either 1st or 2nd it would feel almost as though the traction control was on and it was sensing that it was slipping. Like it wouldn't give me any power at all, at the same time the radio was getting louder and quieter. When the brakes were applied you can hear the abs but I was on clear pavement, not ice. It's just acting really funny lately, hopefully that abs sensor will cure it all, but it seems to be more than that. Anyone else experience a similar situation?

2008 Saturn Astra XR 3 Door Twilight Blue - Tinted 18" Wheels to come in the spring
1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 SuperCab 4.0L
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400 SuperMoto

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 00PowderSpecial's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 00PowderSpecial reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
00PowderSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
72gssaturn
Advanced Member
72gssaturn will become famous soon enough72gssaturn will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

cam sensor? do u mean crank sensor?

Gerry
72 Buick GS red
2008 Astra XR black 3dr
99 SL1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 72gssaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 72gssaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
72gssaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Germane German
Germane German is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00PowderSpecial View Post
I have a check engine light, abs light, and traction control light all on. It's been in the shop they said it was because of a abs sensor, and they ordered it. That was a week and a half ago. I drove it today and when I started it the speedo went from 0-60 a couple times, radio got louder and quieter and it beeped at me a few times. When driving along in either 1st or 2nd it would feel almost as though the traction control was on and it was sensing that it was slipping. Like it wouldn't give me any power at all, at the same time the radio was getting louder and quieter. When the brakes were applied you can hear the abs but I was on clear pavement, not ice. It's just acting really funny lately, hopefully that abs sensor will cure it all, but it seems to be more than that. Anyone else experience a similar situation?
That sounds like you need an exorcist not a mechanic, good luck and let us know what it gets traced to?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Germane German's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Germane German reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Germane German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
dmoser
dmoser is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gssaturn View Post
cam sensor? do u mean crank sensor?
All sequentially fuel injected engines use both.

Batch fuel injection requires crank sensor only (all injectors open at once)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmoser's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmoser reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dmoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
jeyatl
jeyatl is on a distinguished road

I dont have a code, but my Astra has been in and out of the shop since about 4000 miles. Cam sensor has been replaced at least 3 times. I lose power sometimes for no reason, Dealer cannot figure out what is wrong. Plus I have had numerous other problems.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jeyatl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jeyatl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jeyatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
RobD1517
RobD1517 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00PowderSpecial View Post
Mine did just the same but they told me it was a speed sensor and thermostat (no relation.) They ordered the parts but as some of you know, they never made it to the car since i got hit like a week later when the parts were due to arrive! even still in emergency mode, whether thats what its called or not, it all stopped acting up. the abs and check engine lights went off.

'92 SL2 - 108,000 miles (traded)
'96 SL2 - 312,000 miles (blew up)
'98 SL2 - ??????? miles (parts car)
'99 SL2 - 168,000 miles (Sold 11/08)
'08 Astra - 131,000 miles and counting!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobD1517's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobD1517 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobD1517 is offline   Reply With Quote