SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2008, 12:14 AM   #1
bwxr
bwxr is on a distinguished road

Default 2008 XR heating problems

I'm new to the forum, but I have been reading the threads alot since I got my vue. I have been having problems with my 2008 FWD XR heat. I've had it in for service twice and both times I get it back and the heat stops working again. I know there was a post here some time ago with someone else with the same problem. My question is, did they get the problem fix? Or is there some one esle here that may have a solution. I was told that they replaced the A/c control unit.Dont know what that really have to do with the heat. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bwxr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bwxr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bwxr is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2008 XR heating problems

Have you tried manually turning the a/c control off and see what that does.
When you simply put the heat on auto, the a/c compressor remains on. Living in Canada, I don't really need the a/c on in Dec. so I just turn it off manually.
Of course, it would seem that you have a problem but the foregoing may at least let you have some heat in your vehicle until the dealer can figure out what is causing the problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
bwxr

Yes i've tryed manually turning the a/c control on and off. I've also tryed using it on auto but with the same results. The heat only gets warm on any setting. I know on the older cars the thermostat control the heat. Does anyone think this may be the issue?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bwxr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bwxr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

on the cars with the common problem the heat is either hot or cold. no in between.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #5
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Yell at the console in Spanish. That should clear it right up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
Budoka
Budoka is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2008 VUE 3.6L

Yes we have had the same problem with my wifes Vue, but it is not fixed yet as we can't even get an appointment until the new year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Budoka's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Budoka reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Budoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #7
bwxr

Budoka, did hey tell you what the problem may be?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bwxr's Reputation
Old 01-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
Steamrunner
Steamrunner is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

I have heating problems in the Auto/Auto mode with outside air selected. The system does not recognize when to turn off/on the air conditioner when the thermostat is calling for heat/cool. The a/c compressor won't turn itself off unless the outdoor air temperature is 40 degrees or colder or it is manually turned off. The other problem I noticed is that there is no increase in fan speed between 75 to 85 degrees and all the heat is diverted to the floor. Pass 85 degrees, the fan speed increases and more heat is delivered. In the manual mode, the heat output is not constant - it will get warm then cool down then warm again. My Vue was one of the earlier models (05/07). I am having this problem checked out by the dealer tomorrow.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steamrunner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steamrunner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Steamrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
bwxr

Steamrunner, let me know what they come up with. I havent has any seccess with getting mine to work. Will be taking mine back to the dealer again(third time) to get it looked at. When I got it back the second time, the turn by turn for my nav. only comes out of one speaker now. Have to get that looked at now also.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bwxr's Reputation
Old 01-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #10
Steamrunner

2008 VUE 3.6L

BWXR,
I showed the service manager that when the heat is set for Auto/Auto, the heat goes to the windshield, the floor, and the side windows (the defrost position). It does this no matter what the outdoor air temperature is or what heat setting I set my temperature control to. Very little heat is felt by me or my passenger until I set the airflow control to the vent and floor position -- lots of heat then! The service manager does not know much about the technical operation of the Automatic Climate Control but he will when he talks to the Saturn technical support people and maybe get a fix for this problem. Until then, whenever I want heat I make sure the A/C compressor is off, set the fan control to auto, set the airflow control to the vent and floor position, and set the temperature control to the max postion for some rapid heat before lowering it to the desired cabin temperature.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Steamrunner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
Budoka
Budoka is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2008 VUE 3.6L

We got ours in to be fixed, they said there was a recall on this issue ( BS I think) anyways they say they reprogrammed it. Well it kind of works now, the temp can be set and it will warm up and the fan does slow down and it seems to maintain heat. But, the fan always seems to be surging and it doesn't get very hot quickly, still doesn't seem quite right. The auto temp control in my 07Aura XR works phenomenally I hardly ever touch it besides to turn it up or down a degree, or to put it on straight defrost in some situations. The Vue is not quite that good still have to play with it like steamrunner says.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Budoka's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Budoka reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Budoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #12
bwxr

Mine does the same thing, I've taken it in for service and they kept it for a week. Said they reprogrammed it, it worked good for a day. Now its back to doing what it was at first. I thought heating a car was simple! Looks like we are the only ones with this problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bwxr's Reputation
Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #13
jgibson146
jgibson146 is on a distinguished road

My XR just quit taking inputs after driving for a long while. If I shut the car off and turned it back on it would start working again. I also had it reprogrammed yesterday, we'll see.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jgibson146's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jgibson146 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jgibson146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #14
Steamrunner

2008 VUE 3.6L

Just talked to the service manager to get an update on my concern. According to him, he talked to a couple of people at Saturn and nobody knows how exactly the heat is supposed to work in the auto/auto mode, other than "automatic". He hasn't given up hope though. And, I'll keep my thoughts civil for now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!