SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
Driver23
Driver23 is on a distinguished road

Default Changed thermostat twice, still no hear in car

Hey everyone,

when I bought my sl2, the heat wasn't working. I figured the thermostat was stuck open so I changed it. I changed it with a stant aftermarket thermostat and there for a while I was getting heat. The only problem was that the vent ball on the thermostat housing was stuck. This led to an air pocket in the system that didn't allow my thermostat to open at the correct temp. I was constantly losing coolant due to boil over and my car would overheat unless my heat was on. I then replaced that thermostat with a saturn OEM brand and I loosened the vent ball. I'm now certain there is no air in the system as my coolant temp guage stays where it is supposed to be, but now I get no heat ago. I'm now where I started when I first bought the car. What else would cause the fact that I'm not getting heat. I get a 2 second spray of heat if I turn the fan off for a minute then turn it back on but that's about it. A friend told me it could be the heater core, but I can't imagine they would go bad. Anyone have this problem and/or have any suggestions on what may cause this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Driver23's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Driver23 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Driver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
Driver23
Driver23 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Changed thermostat twice, still no hear in car

sorry, posted in wrong section. Reposted in right section, delete this one if necassary, thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Driver23's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Driver23 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Driver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 AM   #3
Diezeltitan08
Diezeltitan08 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
2002 SL1

if your blower is working then try your heater core. simple but thats wat was wring with my 98 sl2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Diezeltitan08's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Diezeltitan08 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Diezeltitan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
crystal scan
Advanced Member
crystal scan is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver23 View Post
Hey everyone,

when I bought my sl2, the heat wasn't working. I figured the thermostat was stuck open so I changed it. I changed it with a stant aftermarket thermostat and there for a while I was getting heat. The only problem was that the vent ball on the thermostat housing was stuck. This led to an air pocket in the system that didn't allow my thermostat to open at the correct temp. I was constantly losing coolant due to boil over and my car would overheat unless my heat was on. I then replaced that thermostat with a saturn OEM brand and I loosened the vent ball. I'm now certain there is no air in the system as my coolant temp guage stays where it is supposed to be, but now I get no heat ago. I'm now where I started when I first bought the car. What else would cause the fact that I'm not getting heat. I get a 2 second spray of heat if I turn the fan off for a minute then turn it back on but that's about it. A friend told me it could be the heater core, but I can't imagine they would go bad. Anyone have this problem and/or have any suggestions on what may cause this?
aint the skys to new to be needing new therostate or heating cores??????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crystal scan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crystal scan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crystal scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
reedred
reedred is on a distinguished road

2009 SKY Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal scan View Post
aint the skys to new to be needing new therostate or heating cores??????
They are. This thread is in the wrong section of the forum. It's also really old, so I would certainly hope the OP has resolved his problems.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to reedred's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help reedred reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
reedred is offline   Reply With Quote