SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
pheel85
pheel85 is on a distinguished road

Dizzy got 05 vue used making noises and grindind

hello people just got a 05 vue used with 69000 miles on it it was a fleet vehicle. when i start it up it feels like grinding under the driver floor board. when i drive it at 30 mph the tach hits just above 1 rpm and it starts to surge i can see the tach bouncing, and feel the vehicle surging. its the V6 fwd version fully loaded but no sunroof does anyone know what could be the problem i have been researching online and noticed that the vue has had its fair share of tranny problems thanx guys.
pheel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: got 05 vue used making noises and grindind

The transmission problems have been mostly with the 4 cyl w/VTI (constantly variable transmission). Yours has the Honda drive train which has been reliable. It doesn't sound like the transmission to me if I understand what you're saying about the tachometer. Try to give us some more input on what's happening. I can't tell if it's an engine problem or what at this point. Have you checked the trans fluid? Does the car get to highway speed and cruise okay?
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
pheel85

yes it does get to highway speed and yes it cruises great i checked the fluid and it needed a little so i added some. my main concern is the grinding when i start it, i think the tach does that cause it is in 3rd gear when rolling at 30 mph and the eng. is trying to stall
Old 11-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Grinding? Some people complain about how long you need to crank the Honda engine before starting. There's also a slight delay between going from Reverse to Drive. Just a little more than a GM automatic.

My Honda engine may take a half a second. My SC would start in half that time. Just bump my SC's engine and it will run.

I suggest you replace the transmission fluid ASAP. Several people had a strange surging at steady speed and changing the fluid solved the problem. Make certain you use original Honda Z1 fluid. I would consider changing it yearly if you drive 20-30k a year.
2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
pheel85

yea i figured from reading these posts should i do it once or do it multiple times? i have never done that job before but i am sure its like changing the oil in my car just a bolt drain fluid and put more fluid in