SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
dq72
dq72 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Default 2007 VUE and 10 second Auto Shutoff

This was discussed in an older thread, but I couldn't reply to it as it had expired.
Basically, my VUE has an issue of only staying off for 10 seconds \ per shutoff an has been taken in twice to have it checked.

I had the battery recall work completed and it made no difference to the auto shutoff - (short 7 - 12 second cycle) that I thad taken it in for.

I explained the same issue again - (that unless I actually use Excsessive force on the brake) it turns off perfectly, then in approx 10 seconds it comes on. If I simply let my foot off and push it again it goes off for another 10. If I absolutely reef on the brake it will stay off for a 60 seconds easily.

Secondly, I was cleaning it yesterday and vacuumed under the cover that is over the battery. INterestingly the date on it is still septemer of 2006. Does anyone know if the replacement battery recall was parts inside the black metal case, or did they not actually replace mine? It doesn't look new.

Outside of that issue, our Vue has performed well, and we get about 550KM average in the city, and up to 700KM's on the highway.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dq72's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dq72 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dq72 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: 2007 VUE and 10 second Auto Shutoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dq72 View Post
This was discussed in an older thread, but I couldn't reply to it as it had expired.
Basically, my VUE has an issue of only staying off for 10 seconds \ per shutoff an has been taken in twice to have it checked.

I had the battery recall work completed and it made no difference to the auto shutoff - (short 7 - 12 second cycle) that I thad taken it in for.

I explained the same issue again - (that unless I actually use Excsessive force on the brake) it turns off perfectly, then in approx 10 seconds it comes on. If I simply let my foot off and push it again it goes off for another 10. If I absolutely reef on the brake it will stay off for a 60 seconds easily.

Secondly, I was cleaning it yesterday and vacuumed under the cover that is over the battery. INterestingly the date on it is still septemer of 2006. Does anyone know if the replacement battery recall was parts inside the black metal case, or did they not actually replace mine? It doesn't look new.

Outside of that issue, our Vue has performed well, and we get about 550KM average in the city, and up to 700KM's on the highway.
It is my understanding that the recall covered the battery modules themselves, inside of the case. The case was only replaced (or in some cases, cleaned and repainted) if it became damaged from battery leakage.

Ours still had the original date post-recall too. I brought it up with the dealer and they assured me that the battery was indeed a new part, although the part # was not written on the work order. I will make absolutely sure of this prior to the warranty / recall expiring, but since they had it for several days and the problem has never returned, I'm sure it's a new part.

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
dq72

2007 VUE Green Line

That eases my mind a bit, thanks for the reply.

I know that they did work on it (I think it was the clock that I had to re-set indicating the power had been disconnected) but I started to wonder after I saw the same battery (casing) with the old manufacture date on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dq72's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dq72 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
dq72

2007 VUE Green Line

November 2008 update: I submitted a survey to GM, noting that it has been checked twice for the 15 second shutoff (unless extreme brake pressure is applied) with no positive results. GM called me back. After contacting the dealer (2 days ago) they called me back and said that no problems can be found, (even though they can duplicate it). Well today, I have a check engine light on, ABS light on, and traction control light off , light on. The auto shutoff doesn't work at all, so HOPEFULLY now that its totally down and out they will fix it right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dq72's Reputation