SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
shadowfox86
shadowfox86 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Question about B&M shiftkit problems..

So i recently installed the B&M auto shiftkit on my '07 ion 2.2, and have a couple weird problems. When i have the switch set at 0, the car runs fine still. When i have the switch set at 1, the car doesn't run right. it'll shift harder and works fine with accelerating, but when i slow down to anywhere under about 20mph, the car sputters and stalls. On level 2, I can accelerate fine, the tires will chirp into second, sometimes into third, sometimes rarely it'll make that BOV sound when it shifts into fourth. But about 50% of the time when i speed up from first gear, if i'm at WOT it'll shift into second, chirping the tires, and then get stuck at 4k rpm and not pull the car at all. like if i had shifted it into neutral or something. letting go of the throttle completely fixes it, but it's just... weird. Also i thought i remembered someone saying it made that BOV sound all the time. (it reminds me of my old satty i miss having a turbo)

I checked the wiring again and it looked fine. Has anyone else had any weird problems like this? Is my shiftkit faulty? Should i try disconnecting the battery for a bit to reset everything?

and a sidequestion, do the radios lock themselves when you d/c the battery? and if they do, the dealership can unlock them right?

thanks in advance

http://www.cardomain.com/id/macaroni86

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to shadowfox86's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help shadowfox86 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
shadowfox86 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #2
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Question about B&M shiftkit problems..

no, the radio will not reset itself, but the car will relearn the driving dynamics, which might help your case.

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
shadowfox86
shadowfox86 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan

so i just tried disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes and when i started it back up again on level 2 it seemed like it was working fine, so i parked the car, shut it off, switched it to level 1 again. first red light i got to when i slowed down the car sputtered and stalled. after that the level 2 did the same thing it was doing before, where it would act like it was in neutral between 1st and 2nd gear.

i'm really stumped by this, anyone else ever hear of problems like this? did i wire it wrong even though it seems to be working most of the time?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/macaroni86

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to shadowfox86's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help shadowfox86 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
shadowfox86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan

call the manufacturer of the shiftkit

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
FlintIonQC
FlintIonQC is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Definitely contact B&M about this. Also check out Cobalt SS.net because many users on there use it. I, personally, wouldn't want to mess with something like your transmission like that just for "harder" shifts by increasing line pressure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FlintIonQC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FlintIonQC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FlintIonQC is offline   Reply With Quote