SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
marshall1030
marshall1030 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Dizzy Spilled Coffee

yesterday I spilled a half cup of coffee in my Aura which puddled in the drivers seat. I used an industrial strength carpet/upholstery cleaner to get most of it up, but there is still some staining on the seat fabric.

Can anyone recommend a good product to use because I keep my car immaculate and I need to get that seat looking like new again.

Thanks in advance, this has always been a great place for suggestions.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marshall1030's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marshall1030 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marshall1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
saea501
saea501 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Spilled Coffee

My friend just had a stain removed from her cloth seat by a dealer. She was told they used Windex. Sounds odd to me, but you might try a small spot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saea501's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saea501 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saea501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Phil Henry
Phil Henry is on a distinguished road

I used to own a detailing business and still detail on the side. You will need an extractor to remove all remnants of a coffee stain. Most people don't have carpet extractors so you may have to visit a detail shop. Just make sure they don't try getting it out with the bucket & sponge approach since the stain will just reappear.

2007 Aura XR in Ocean Mist

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phil Henry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phil Henry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phil Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

I spilled coffee on my white carpet at home recently. First I blotted up what I could with water. Then, the next day, I used a mixture of white vinegar and water. Probably a 40 parts vinegar to 60 parts water ratio. that seemed to take just about all of it up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
Gorge
Gorge is on a distinguished road

I've always had good luck with Blue Coral Carpet / Upholstery cleaner but, it sounds like you've already been down that path. I'd go with what others have advised and take it to a detailer to have it taken care of the right way. If all else fails, keep an eye out on E-bay as I've seen people selling the original seat covers before. Good luck.

Gorge in PA

'07 Aura XR
'06 Durago Ltd.
'90 F-150
'96 GPZ 1100

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gorge's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gorge reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
steadler
steadler is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

You could try

"spot shot" carpet stain remover available strangely enough,
by makers of WD40

www.wd40.com

Did a great job on my carpets.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to steadler's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help steadler reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
steadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #7
tripplegs
tripplegs is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

My buddy is the manager for avis and he got me Lifter-1 carpet stain remover to clean my trade in car. It worked so good. Saturn couldnt belive the condion of the interior..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tripplegs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tripplegs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tripplegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:05 AM   #8
bue05
Advanced Member
bue05 will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

from day one heavily coat and re-coat with 3m scotchgaurd auto fabric spray, which helps. Also having bissells' little green clean machine/home steam cleaner with upohlstrey attachments help. If not using oxyclean/oxymagic fabric cleaner works good. Coffee and pop are some difficult and smelly stains. P.s. once interior is spotless, do at least 2 to 3 evenly, well sprayed, light coats of 3m's scotchgaurd, comes in a white metal canister at say autozone or walmart, etc. for around 4.99 to 6.99 works great. if you spill something it stays atop of the fabric, and even if not wiped up it will be something that rubbed with a damp rag dissapears. Re-apply 2 to 3 coats of scotchguard at least every 6 months depending on wear and tear and if you steam vac your car ever... bue05

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bue05's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bue05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bue05 is offline   Reply With Quote