SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 09:42 AM   #1
lewis2
lewis2 is on a distinguished road

Default ION- CVT: yet another delay?

Charlie's specs on the ION made no mention of the CVT and the initial press I see states only the 5spd and the stick will be available at the launch. Does anyone know what gives with the CVT option? Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lewis2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lewis2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2002, 09:45 AM   #2
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

The ION sedan will be available with the 5-speed manual and 5-speed automatic transmissions while the ION quad coupe will have the 5-speed manual and the CVT as an option.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:36 AM   #3
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

in the VUE the 5 speed automatic is sort of a higher option than the CVT (used on the six, but not the four). I wonder what Saturn's thinking is on using the 5 speed on the sedan and CVT on the coupe???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2002, 02:03 PM   #4
lewis2

does anyone know if the cvt will eventually be in the sedan?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help lewis2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-07-2002, 09:21 PM   #5
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Roll Eyes Hmm...

My understanding was that the CVT is slated for both the coupe and sedan... it just won't be an option until after the quad coupe goes into production early next spring.

Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-08-2002, 02:10 AM   #6
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

Caution is good when it comes to the CVT .. id rather see it done right and tested than a quick bolt-on.

Snapping belts = not good.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard of VUEs snapping belts?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-08-2002, 02:16 AM   #7
jjanigo
jjanigo is on a distinguished road

Dunno. At a recent visit to Saturn of Wausau, I asked my sales consultant about any problems they were seeing with the VUE. She told me they now were seeing the VUEs in regularly for the standard maintenance service and there weren't any problems yet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jjanigo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jjanigo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:45 AM   #8
lewis2

Thanks Charlie- since I want the CVT and the sedan it looks like a bit of a wait. Good luck to all you guys (like I would have been) who take the plunge and go for the early IONs. I'd be right there with ya if the early sedans could be had with the CVT.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-08-2002, 11:29 AM   #9
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally posted by L300Boy
Caution is good when it comes to the CVT .. id rather see it done right and tested than a quick bolt-on.

Snapping belts = not good.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard of VUEs snapping belts?
We have yet to have a VTi VUE come in for anything other than scheduled maintenance... they seem to be very reliable. However, the only thing I do notice is that the VTi is louder on startup and at idle than the manual trannys... hmm.
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread