SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
antikaren
antikaren is on a distinguished road

Sad 2006 Saturn Vue Leaking Under Center Shifter Console

Hello. Ever since it snowed here, I noticed a leak (it's water) under the bottom left (driver's side) of the center shifter console. I have auto transmission. I have not used the A/C but have used the heater. I've used the heater before but had no problems - this seemed to start up with the snow.

I called Saturn and they told me to take it t the dealer - I can't afford what dealer wants just to take a look at it. My car is not under original warranty as I bought it used last summer. I bought a warranty the dealer sold, but I need to get some kind of idea of what this problem is so I can see if it's covered under that warranty. Thanks very much.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to antikaren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help antikaren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
antikaren is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2007, 02:26 AM   #2
MudGod
MudGod is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2006 Saturn Vue Leaking Under Center Shifter Console

is it still snowing or raining if the answer is yes it has to be a leak comming from out side if the weather is dry and your still getting the water leaking then it almost has to be comming from the car its self its not just a natral sprign in your dash ? just kidding

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MudGod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MudGod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MudGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:37 AM   #3
InVue
InVue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikaren View Post
...I noticed a leak (it's water) under the bottom left (driver's side) of the center shifter console.
I am not sure if I follow you here, when you say "bottom left", do you mean under the car outside or inside?

Either way, if it's water and occurs in snowy condition, due to the volatility of snow, it could mean that the snow enters area where water does not, and then somehow from there it melts and leaks...

Can you take a picture of the actual drops or leak line with a digi?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to InVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help InVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
InVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:09 AM   #4
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the Board.

If the car is under three years and 36k miles then it should still have factory warranty.

Are you sure that it is not melting snow getting things wet?
Is the weather cold enough to freeze your washer fluid? If so then you may have a leaking rear washer line.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:52 AM   #5
antikaren
antikaren is on a distinguished road

I believe it's coming form under the car where the shifter linkage goes through the bottom of the car. Driving through a lot of snow can result in it accumulating, then melting.

Anyway, the ONLY place there is water is right under the left side of the automatic shifter console. There are some vents at the bottom of this console, but I only have water on the left side of it. This is the plastic console covering the shifter - only water in the vehicle at all is underneath this console on the left side.

Thanks for all the replies. I can try to take a picture, but all it'll show is the bottom of this console with the carpet being wet from underneath the console of the driver's side - none on the passenger side.

I'm going to stop driving the car until I can find out what's wrong....don't want the carpet to get moldy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to antikaren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help antikaren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
antikaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #6
como13
como13 is on a distinguished road

Antikaren:

I am having the same problem with my 2006 Saturn Vue, but it only happens when it rains. I am in a warm climate, meaning no snow. I purchased the vehicle used a few years ago and it didn't start happening until earlier this year. I was hoping it was a known issue with the model and a GM certified body shop would take care of it. I will post if I find anything.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to como13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help como13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
como13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

I would vote for a windshield leak, an air conditioner condensation leak or a heater core leak as the primary suspects. Is the water there all the time or only after you drive it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Another 'People that never had a car before' problem. It's condensate from the AC. The AC compressor activates in the 'floor' register position which is where most people place the selector when they want heat. In the warmer climate, you use AC, water drips out from under the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1saxman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1saxman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
LastL4Banger
LastL4Banger is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2005 VUE 2.2L

"The AC compressor activates in the 'floor' register position "

why is that? I hammered my gas mileage on a long trip once when had my windows open and I 'activated my AC compressor'. I understand the defroster doing that but the fan blowing on my feet kicking on the AC makes no sense.

anyway, I too have a similar issue. I just noticed that the carpet on the drivers side is a little damp. Its definitely coming from the shifter console side and not the door. As its not rained lately, I suspect some type of AC leak. Water does drain from the AC drain so its not a clog issue. when I remove the shifter console, is there something in particular I need to look for?

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LastL4Banger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LastL4Banger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LastL4Banger is offline   Reply With Quote