SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
oachalon
oachalon is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Center Console Shifter Trim Piece

Does anyone by chance make an aluminum trim piece that goes around the shifter instead of that cheap chrome piece? I would say that cheap chrome piece is the cheapest part of the whole interior. Its also what makes most of the squeaking in my interior. If someone could make a nice real metal piece I would definately buy one. Also does anyone know where I can get factory matching interior screws (bolts). Like the ones that hold in the radio or heater controls.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oachalon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oachalon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
dcusk1971
dcusk1971 is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Re: Center Console Shifter Trim Piece

I also have problems with annoying squeaking noises coming from the center console area. I first noticed it about 3 weeks ago (only has 3K miles) and took it back to the dealer. They did take it apart and found that a clip was missing which fixed about 90% of the problem. There are still some squeaking noises coming from the console area. Im thinking of taking it back again as I don't remember the noises being there when I first picked up the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dcusk1971's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dcusk1971 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dcusk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Twenty4
Twenty4 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Center Console Shifter Trim Piece

I just had mine replaced yesterday also, and the squeakes are gone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Twenty4's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Twenty4 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Twenty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #4
Berry34
Berry34 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Center Console Shifter Trim Piece

I also have the squeaky sound coming from the console area. It is worse when I brake, accelerate, or hit a bump. It also squeaks if you just touch the area.

They were unable to duplicate it at the dealership today and so nothing was done. I'm hoping there will be a solution for it. I can't tell if something is loose or if it is just the materials they are using.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Berry34's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Berry34 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Berry34 is offline   Reply With Quote