SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
Lolly_Poppins
Lolly_Poppins is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
Default Cylinder 3 misfire & Fuel in Oil

Hi all! This is my very first post and I'm a total novice when it comes to car repair. My best friend has done most of the work under and I've done most of the easy stuff up top. I apologize in advance if I don't know the right terminology--please take it easy on me!

I have a 96 Saturn SL2 with a manual transmission. On Thanksgiving, my check engine light came on and started flashing. When I ran the code reader, it came up as a Cylinder 3 misfire. I took care of the easiest, cheapest stuff first--HEET in the gas tank and replaced the plugs and wires. After that, the light stopped flashing constantly to staying on steadily and only flashing when shifting into 3rd gear back to steady on when shifting into 4th and 5th.

I had one person look at it who is the one who noticed that I suddenly have a good amount of gas in my oil. He mentioned running Seafoam...somewhere.For the life of me I can't remember what he said because he was supposed to come over to do this himself. This is where I'm getting stuck. He disappeared so now I'm back to trying to figure this out myself. I am needing to do any repairs as inexpensively as possible. I have all the tools needed for the most part and my best friend is pretty awesome at the technical hands-on stuff--I'm ok with the logical stuff.

My next steps I'm thinking are compression test and possibly swapping out fuel injectors to see if the problem moves. Any advice on what I should do next are much needed and appreciated! I love my car and would need to fix if possible due to inability to purchase another. Though if its time to throw in the towel I can accept that advice as well.

I know I'm not mentioning some stuff that's probably pertinent so please ask! Thank you all so much in advance.

I'm Lindsey and my car is Lolly

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lolly_Poppins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lolly_Poppins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lolly_Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links